Yankees win in 13!!!

rpf

Yankees win in 13!!!
« on: 18 Oct 2009, 06:47 am »
Just got back from the game - phew.

It was messy: errors, walks, wild pitches, hit batters; mostly by the Yanks. But they pulled it out.   :thumb:  Lots of wild ups and downs with some clutch pitching and fielding by both teams.

A great game and we had great seats (three rows off the field just behind third base, thanks to one of my brothers).  :dance:

MaxCast

Re: Yankees win in 13!!!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2009, 12:01 pm »
Thanks for the update.  I went to bed after the 10th.

Go Yanks !  :thumb:

BikeWNC

« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2009, 02:30 pm »
Good game!  I stayed up until 1:15am for the end.  I'm glad they got the game in and didn't have to suspend it due to rain. 

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2009, 02:56 pm »
While it wasn't the best played game I have ever watched, it was riveting from the first pitch to the last and obviously, I liked the outcome.

While A-Rod, Mariano, and Jeter continue to play very well, it seems like each night it is a new hero who emerges and propels the Yanks to a victory.  Hairston Jr., got the pie last night after scoring the winning run.

While I wasn't at the game last night, it did remind me a lot of another rainy and cold, extra inning playoff game I was at way back in 1995.  The Yankees won that game against Seattle in 15 innings with a 2 run walk-off HR by Jim Leyritz in the rain.  At the time, I believe that it was the longest playoff game ever played. 

That was game was extra special not just because the Yankees won, but it turned out to be the last game that Don Mattingly every played at Yankee Stadium.  "Donnie Baseball" hit a HR that night and I will never forget that game.  He never got the send off he deserved and earned, since the Yankees took a 2-0 lead against the Mariners, and everybody assumed they would advance to the ALCS.

George

Ruby Mae

« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2009, 03:10 pm »
Just got back from the game - phew.

It was messy: errors, walks, wild pitches, hit batters; mostly by the Yanks. But they pulled it out.   :thumb:  Lots of wild ups and downs with some clutch pitching and fielding by both teams.

A great game and we had great seats (three rows off the field just behind third base, thanks to one of my brothers).  :dance:

What a nail biter! I would have loved to see that game in person. :thumb: