question about tube rolling for my modwright transporter

audio_pro

Hi everyone,

can we use Sophia Princess Mesh 274b with modwright transporter?

which rectifier and driver tubes are the best option so far for the transporter?

thank you for your inputs

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: question about tube rolling for my modwright transporter
« Reply #1 on: 17 Oct 2009, 01:16 am »
There is huge Transporter tube rolling thread already here in this Circle.  We've invested many many hours and many many tube combos.  All the relevant rectifier, nine pin signal tubes are discussed, as well, in great detail (i.e what they sound like with the Modwright TP).  Moreover, folks like myself helped discover a new approach, namely using an octal pin adapter to open up the TP to the vast world of 6SN7's, etc. 

Take a read; it's a vast encyclopedia that we TP tube rollers are quite proud of.
Dan made it a sticky:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=56360.0

Bigfish

« Reply #2 on: 17 Oct 2009, 01:57 am »
There is huge Transporter tube rolling thread already here in this Circle.  We've invested many many hours and many many tube combos.  All the relevant rectifier, nine pin signal tubes are discussed, as well, in great detail (i.e what they sound like with the Modwright TP).  Moreover, folks like myself helped discover a new approach, namely using an octal pin adapter to open up the TP to the vast world of 6SN7's, etc. 

Take a read; it's a vast encyclopedia that we TP tube rollers are quite proud of.
Dan made it a sticky:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=56360.0

Nicely stated Ted!

Ken

Dimfer

« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2009, 03:47 am »
I asked Sophia 274b question before too - and I was told that the answer was NO.

My favorite tube combi - EML 5U4G and Mullard ECC33  :thumb: