Bob Smith (formerly from SP Tech) joining the Nuforce team

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
We would like to take the opportunity at this time to introduce Robert A. (Bob) Smith and welcome him to the NuForce team.  We have worked and collaborated with Bob and his former company SP Technology on several loudspeaker projects over the last few years and feel that he represents real value to the NuForce team, such that making him a full-time member at this time would be beneficial to all parties involved? particularly our valued customers.  Bob?s new company, Aether Audio will also be working under the auspices of NuForce?s guidance and assistance when needed, and in return Aether Audio will act as a ?high-end? product consulting and modification firm to assist us in serving the technological solution needs and inquiries of NuForce?s high-end customers and dealers.

We invite you to welcome Bob along with us in joining NuForce, and together we look forward to serving the industry for many years to come.  Thank you for your time and stay tuned for the new and exciting products that are sure to come!

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
Re: Bob Smith (formerly from SP Tech) joining the Nuforce team
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2009, 11:34 am »
Thanks Jason! :D

I look forward to working with NuForce, it's customers and dealers for a long time to come.  You know, I've observed a lot of high-end companies over the years, but few have impressed me as much as NuForce.  Seldom does one see a company so committed to bringing the best technology possible to as wide a range of consumers as you (we) do.  While many of the others do develop excellent products, it seems more often than not that they loose sight of the fact that the products that result will ultimately end up being beyond the reach of most individuals.

In fact, it seems that the common theme guiding their development process is to simply expend large sums of money on expensive and/or exotic materials and parts.  While we all know that doing so at least offers the potential for improved performance, it inevitably carries a high cost along with it.  Even then, whatever performance gains that are achieved are often marginal at best.

In contrast, this is why I accepted your kind offer.  NuForce doesn't work that way.  You... as I... believe that innovation and solid engineering is the key.  I once worked with a pioneer in amplifier design that was known for saying that "Any engineer can take a dollar's worth of parts and make a dollar product.  It takes a REAL engineer to make that same product with only a dime's worth of parts."  Not to say that NuForce uses cheap parts whatsoever, but you get my point.  Solid science and true innovation is the key, and NuuForce has always been about that concept.

Besides all of that, you guys are really good people and you take care of your customers.  I grew up in a little country grocery store and watched my dad run his business from my earliest memories.  He not only treated everyone extremely well, but actually helped many to survive by extending them credit.  When he passed away the estate was owed many $10Ks as a result, but then they had to open up a second funeral parlor to hold all of the flowers too.  What kind of price can you put on that?  I know where he is now and that he got every dime back... and then some.  People are what its all about in the end.  Sure... we all have to make a living from what we do, but God knows there are more profitable ways to do that than building high-end audio products.  "People" and enjoying what you do are what the whole big picture is all about, and you guys have shown me by example that you see things the same way I do in that regard.

Anyway, thanks again and I'd like to let all of NuForce's customers know that I'm here to help in whatever way I can.  I may need a little time to get up to speed on all of the technical product details, but I'll do whatever I can and get the info needed to do the job.  One way or the other we'll make sure your needs, questions and requests are met to the best of our ability.  Best wishes all and...

Take care,
-Bob

Albireo

« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2009, 12:10 pm »
This is great news. Congratulations to all!

Rx8man

« Reply #3 on: 27 Oct 2009, 04:08 am »
Hello Bob,

Congratulations on your new endeavor.   :thumb:

I'm very sure everything will work out quite well for you, Nuforce seems to be a company with a good future.  :thumb:

I'll have to pay you another visit sometime, my return home on the Turnpike during that Feb. month was almost impassable.

Remember me ?    :o

I brought my NuForce amps to your warehouse in Laporte to hear the Revs and a pair of Timepiece Mini's you completed and also had the opportunity to meet Tim !

Pat

maxwalrath

« Reply #4 on: 27 Oct 2009, 04:48 am »
....such that making him a full-time member at this time would be beneficial to all parties involved?

:lol:Congrats!  Feel free to delete my comment, these formatting issues can be funny from time to time!

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 27 Oct 2009, 12:47 pm »
Friends,

Thanks for your support!  :thumb:   I'll do all I can to help.  I'm not really up to speed yet on the Icon products, but I have a pretty good handle on the high-end stuff and should be able to help troubleshoot most system issues that you might have with them.

Rx8man,

Congratulations on your new endeavor.   :thumb: ... Remember me ?    :o

Pat... thanks again and sure I remember you!  :thumb:   I still tell folks about our little experience of playing the NuForce amps on our Minis and listening from the other end of the shop.  Boy you sure picked a lousy day to visit though didn't ya?  Thank God you made it home OK.  :o   My son Jason traveled that same stretch of the toll road last winter coming back from picking up a vehicle in Ohio and the conditions were similar.  He bought a Ford Explorer over there and ended up in the ditch on the way back.  As fate would have it though the 4-wheel action saved him from being stuck, but he spun around in the median a couple of times before he pulled 'er out.  That's one bad stretch of road in the winter.

You know... to this day the best sound I ever heard come from our speakers was when using the Ref 9 V2s.  I can't wait to hear the V3s.  It's hard to imagine that they are even better.  aa

Take care all!
-Bob