FS: Resolution Audio CD-55 cd player ****SOLD*****

toobluvr

More belt tightening for the Toobluvr, so this piece must go!

This model replaced the CD-50 and was the forerunner to the Opus 21.  All are highly regarded and very well reviewed.  Do the Google.

I'm a vinyl and tube guy.  If that's where your tastes lie, this player should satisfy.

In his Soundstage review, Doug Schneider compared it favorably to the Audio Aero Capitole...one of the best one box players available:

"The Capitole 24/192 and the Resolution Audio player move it another surprising leap forward -- with even more depth, better delineation of voices and instruments, and better rendering of ambient cues. The CD55 and Capitole 24/192 are neck and neck, both exemplifying the best of what modern-day CD playback is about."

Galen Carol has this to say about it:

"Spinning the disc is the latest generation Phillips P-10500 CD drive mechanism, with Hall-effect motor for high reliability and long life. At the heart of the CD-55 are four Burr-Brown 1704 DACs with 24-bit resolution. Through a proprietary DSP algorithm, the audio signal is up-sampled to an incredible 705.6kHz/24 bits! The signal is then fed to an ultra-high bandwidth audio section, which employs a variable volume control in the analog domain (this feature has been one of the most widely requested additions, and allows the player to drive an amplifier directly). The CD-55 includes HDCD decoding and offers both single-ended and balanced outputs. Through either the single-ended on balanced outputs, the CD-55 outputs ample voltage to drive most amplifiers with ease. It is one of the few players I've encountered that does a great job driving an amplifier directly. Without superb sound, however, that feature would be useless. I am here to tell you; the CD-55 is an excellent CD player that is likely to have you dancing in the isles until the wee hours of the morning.

The new CD-55 CD player is quite a piece - clean and refined, dimensional and dynamic. For only $3000.00, the Resolution Audio CD-55 is one heck of a CD player, one you should surely investigate further."

Very solid build quality.  Operationally it is perfect.  No hiccups with this player.  I can barely find a mark on it.  Kept in a smoke/pet/child free home.   Everything works as it should.

I am 2nd owner since March 2009.  First owner told me he used it lightly.

It has both single ended and balanced outputs, and HDCD decoding.  The built in remote analog volume control means you can drive your amp directly.....no line stage needed for a simple, one source system!

The continuous vol control is very precise and easy to get just right.  You can even remotely reverse the polarity from your listening position to see which one sounds best. 

Includes everything like a brand new unit:  remote, original packaging and paperwork.

Comments and reviews:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/news/0700/

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/resolution/opus21.html

http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/resolution-audio/cd-players/cd50/PRD_117093_1586crx.aspx

As is always the case with my gear, local auditions are possible if you are serious.

$950 obo + all fees.

Original list was $3000.

This detailed, dynamic and refined music making machine is priced at less than 33% .....tough to beat at this price!

Thanks for looking,
~John
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2009, 06:43 pm by toobluvr »

toobluvr

Re: FS: Resolution Audio CD-55 cd player ......... MINT!!
« Reply #1 on: 9 Oct 2009, 01:27 pm »

:wave:

toobluvr

« Reply #2 on: 10 Oct 2009, 04:34 pm »

bump-a-rooni!

toobluvr

toobluvr

« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2009, 06:36 pm »

Offers welcome....don't be shy!

toobluvr

« Reply #5 on: 22 Oct 2009, 02:58 am »

Sale Pending...I think.   

Buyer is having some technical issues in PayPaling the funds.

:o   

toobluvr

« Reply #6 on: 26 Oct 2009, 08:05 pm »

SOLD