New products

rcag_ils

Re: New products
« Reply #20 on: 11 Oct 2009, 05:04 pm »
I am still not clear about the difference between the Ultimate 70 kit, and the assembled Ultravalve.

Is it just the new grounding in the wiring and the new board layout, or does the Ultravalve actually have some new circuitry that the Ultimate 70 doesn't have?

Wayner

« Reply #21 on: 11 Oct 2009, 08:17 pm »
Frank would be more specific, but there are changes that have been made for the new Ultravalve. Aside from the physical differences such as internal circuit board, stainless steel polished #8 chassis, there are new things on the board itself. Hope this helps.

Wayner.

rcag_ils

« Reply #22 on: 11 Oct 2009, 08:26 pm »
I wonder if those "new things" in the Ultravalve could be added to the Ultimate 70 by a kit builder.

How does the Ultimate 70 measure up to the Ultravalve in a comparison sound test?

Wayner

« Reply #23 on: 11 Oct 2009, 08:40 pm »
Others have asked Frank that question and his answer (as I remember it) was to sell the old and buy an Ultravalve! Personally, I think this amp is going to become a collector's item in a short while. This launch has been grinding in the mill for more then a year and the chassis styling, faceplate, and new internal treats are going to make this amp a classic (IMHO). While we were at the RMAF, many reviewers commented on the amp (of course Jim's speakers helped the duet), and requested samples for review. This amp was majestic with Jim's Songtowers, HT2TL's and even made the Soundscape 12 (HT-4) snort very liquid midrange (best at show IMHO). I have the original proto-type on my Dynaco A25XL's and it pretty awesome! 2 amps driven by Frank's phase inverter bridge (making them 60 watt mono blocks) would probably be the ultimate cat's meow (sorry Stanely).

Wayner  aa

Brett Buck

« Reply #24 on: 11 Oct 2009, 11:15 pm »
"audiophile grade caps"

Good one!

Brett

rlee8394

« Reply #25 on: 23 Oct 2009, 04:02 pm »
Bump!

Ron

avahifi

« Reply #26 on: 23 Oct 2009, 04:34 pm »
Minor circuit and parts value differences, better yet sound but not astonishingly better.  The Ultimate 70 rebuild got the astonishing honors, the Ultravalve just helps it along a little bit and it a very much nicer layout and chassis.

Frank

Art_Chicago

« Reply #27 on: 25 Oct 2009, 08:00 pm »
I just want to keep this thread alive as there was no information on other "new products" except Ultravalve.
How about new  AVA DAC or pre/DAC combo? There was a rumor about it if I am not mistaken.
Thanks

Wayner

« Reply #28 on: 25 Oct 2009, 08:13 pm »
There are some new products on the horizon, one of which is a new DAC that was used at RMAF. I don't want to spill the beans beyond that point, that will be Frank's call, but the new DAC will take that product into a new direction. I also know the boys are working on a new amp, but that kind of stuff is happening all the time.

Wayner  :D