Best palce to buy cd's?

scp2

Best palce to buy cd's?
« on: 2 Oct 2009, 03:02 am »
I used to buy from amazon and after a botch up....I am looking. I like the fact you can preview before you buy...anybody have a better place?

Thanks

I like  classical...but also some blues and rock.

Randy

Re: Best palce to buy cd's?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2009, 01:38 pm »
Two UK sites are excellent. Presto Classical and MDT.  One in the states called "Classical Music Depot."  Also HBDirect.
« Last Edit: 23 Oct 2009, 03:04 pm by Randy »

ludimagis

« Reply #2 on: 1 Nov 2009, 11:12 pm »
At http://www.berkshirerecordoutlet.com/ , you can find  an extensive collection of new & sealed at very good price's. Best if you want to order several cd's, as they charge $6-$7 shipping for the 1st cd & than 10 cents for each additional. Mostly classical and some jazz.

ncdrawl

« Reply #3 on: 21 Nov 2009, 09:42 pm »
www.arkivmusic.com

best out there

myview

« Reply #4 on: 20 Feb 2010, 04:53 am »
Berkshire is a great recommendation

Arkiv's prices seem to be on the high side

Are there any other online stores you guys buy from which offer an extensive catalogue and great prices?

blackzarg

« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2010, 10:37 pm »
Just wondering - what was the botchup? I use Amazon all the time, and have had a few problems, but the sellers usually refund me the money and let me keep the CD. I've had to contact Amazon directly once or twice, and they make things right.

gerald porzio

« Reply #6 on: 22 Feb 2010, 12:22 am »
For used CDs, Amazon is the way to fly. A faux pas is usually covered by a free CD to avoid bad feedback.

roymail

• Roy in TX
« Reply #7 on: 15 Mar 2010, 03:23 pm »
I agree with buying used in good condition from Amazon sellers.  The burn a good quality AAC or Lossless backup copy.  You can save $$$ doing that.

stlrman

« Reply #8 on: 15 Mar 2010, 04:41 pm »
I often go to a local new/used cd store. I usually get cd's $2.50 and up.

Now I go to my local library. They have hundreds of cd's to choose from for FREE ! :drool:
I have not even checked out the main branch yet. Great Jazz, Rock , and Classical selections.
My cd collection is growing quickly, its fun, and free