Musica Bella 'PhonoMax' - stand alone phono stage

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Musica Bella 'PhonoMax' - stand alone phono stage
« on: 1 Oct 2009, 04:35 pm »
 Up till now, the PhonoMax was available only as a built in phono stage within the BellaMax preamp. Wanting to keep things pure, clean and tidy in the BellaMax, we decided to remove the phono stage from the unit and offer it as a stand alone unit.

The PhonoMax has been designed to compliment the BellaMax in appearance with only the tubes protruding through the top and can be finished to match or contrast any audio system.

The PhonoMax uses a high grade choke filtered power supply with poly filter capacitors before and after the choke. High quality Ultra Fast - Soft Recovery diodes used in the rectifying bridge for DC filament supply.

The PhonoMax shown below was built for the new showroom and is finished in high gloss black. Both real wood veneer and custom painted finishes are available. It utilizes VH Audio Teflon V-Cap output capacitors.

Our goal was to keep the price reasonable and able to release it at only $1495 - real wood veneer and $1595 - custom paint finish (these prices do not include V-Caps).

Information: http://www.bellaextreme.com/phonomax.htm

Hebrew Hammer

• Industry Participant
  • www.Randall-K.com
Re: Musica Bella 'PhonoMax' - stand alone phono stage
« Reply #1 on: 1 Oct 2009, 04:47 pm »
I'm liking the new finish... is that the first one after what we talked about? 

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Re: Musica Bella 'PhonoMax' - stand alone phono stage
« Reply #2 on: 1 Oct 2009, 04:53 pm »
Hello Hammer,
 Yes, this is the first custom paint chassis. It was kept simple. It is also the third finish that was applied as I did not like the way the others turned out.

After finishing what is currently on the benches, I will start construction on a very unique, custom chassis for a KT88 SET stereo amplifier based on the Audio Note Kit 2 but with a few modifications. Right now, I have quite a few chassis ideas floating in my head.