Remote/AE displays both AIFF and ACC?

vintagebob

Remote/AE displays both AIFF and ACC?
« on: 28 Sep 2009, 07:49 pm »
I've ripped most of my CDs to AIFF and then copied/converted them to ACC for my iPhone and iPod.  I have them in two separate playlists and have iTunes set to only display the AIFF playlist on my network.  Both copies of the songs show up when I'm using my iPhone with the Remote application and my Airport Express.  Is there any way for me to only see the AIFF files?

Crimson

Re: Remote/AE displays both AIFF and ACC?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2009, 07:56 pm »
The Remote app accesses your library differently than the share function in iTunes. You can still access the AIFF-only playlist from your iPhone (Remote shows all playlists as created within iTunes). 

vintagebob

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2009, 08:16 pm »
The Remote app accesses your library differently than the share function in iTunes. You can still access the AIFF-only playlist from your iPhone (Remote shows all playlists as created within iTunes).

Thank you for your time.  So the share function in iTunes doesn't help which is what I was guessing.  I can select the AIFF playlist with the iPhone but with almost 1500 songs it can be a bit cumbersome.  I wanted to be able to use the "Artists" function which I guess applies to the entire library then?

Crimson

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2009, 08:39 pm »
I wanted to be able to use the "Artists" function which I guess applies to the entire library then?

That's correct. You can create multiple libraries, though, and access them individually by holding down the Option key while launching iTunes.