SACThailand tubes and components, any info?

RCduck7

SACThailand tubes and components, any info?
« on: 28 Sep 2009, 07:25 pm »
I came across this page with very intresting products...
www.sacthailand.com/Amplifier....
I has a 70 Watt Mono block set amp and a very affordable Push pull using KT88.
With the litte info i found and judging from the pictures it made me belief these amps are one of the finest in "High End" available and at affordable prices.
Some review quotes...
www.sacthailand.com/Amplifier....
Not sure, but maybe they are head and shoulders above tube amps like PrimaLuna for instance??

sts9fan

Re: SACThailand tubes and components, any info?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Sep 2009, 07:29 pm »
I played with one of the 7watt jobbies for a few weeks.  It was pretty nice.  I think their silk transformeres are pretty good.

mike j

« Reply #2 on: 28 Sep 2009, 07:37 pm »
Did you happen to see the prices? I could only find a notice to contact them for prices.

RCduck7

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2009, 08:09 pm »
Did you happen to see the prices? I could only find a notice to contact them for prices.

GlowMaster GM-70PSE monoblok cost $5,300USD/pair. Shipping cost is $760USD/pair.
Invincible pre-amp (Balanced with tube tuffer stage) cost $2,840USD. Shipping cost is $125USD.
I believe the KT88 is around 2000$
All these products are not stock item. They only build upon each order and some variations in configuraition can be had.
But if you manage to find  a dealer/importer it would be cheaper then ordering from Thailand.

I'm about to order their Balanced Line Twin Transformer of 1000VA (power line product) but not on their site.
I suspect it should beat filters.

« Last Edit: 28 Sep 2009, 09:39 pm by RCduck7 »

RCduck7

« Reply #4 on: 3 Oct 2009, 09:13 pm »
I ordered the Twin Balanced Line Transformer, i shall see what it does to my setup.

The KT88 is a pre and power amp but it needs a volume control right?

Well, in the meantime i mailed some owners and an importer for the UK which gave me lots of info on these SAC's and tube amps in general.
However, i cant find much info about the SET GM70 Glowmaster monoblocks.
It's twice the price of the KT88, and with this one being allready very good for it's price, the GM70 might blow us away?
This is what i ask myself, would the GM70 be a great step up in audible quality??

analogmart

« Reply #5 on: 4 Oct 2009, 01:22 pm »
Hi RCduck7,
I can say that both power amps are in Hi-end class. I now using Glow master series2 Kt88 (kt90 in my case) with TVC + tube buffer from Promitheus, Malaysia, and really love musicality in this set. You can get the best out with balance set up with Kt88 amp. You may ask Mr.Kittipol to send
you reviews pdf. file form Hifi Magazine in UK. He is knowledge and dependable guy. happy listening.  :thumb:
Mart,
« Last Edit: 5 Oct 2009, 12:15 pm by analogmart »

RCduck7

« Reply #6 on: 4 Oct 2009, 10:58 pm »
Hi RCduck7,
I can say that both power amps is in Hi-end class. I now using Glow master series2 Kt88 (kt90 in my case) with TVC + tube buffer from Promitheus, Malaysia, and really love musicality in this set. You can get the best out with balance set up with Kt88 amp. You may ask Mr.Kittipol to send
you reviews pdf. file form Hifi Magazine in UK. He is knowledge and dependable guy. happy listening.  :thumb:
Mart,

I will forget about the GM70 for now, i can't accomodate it properly unless i move house which might be the case over 2 years.
I have read the review of Hifiworld that "Acoustic Perfection" from the UK send to me.
Allthough i read that SET amps sound more realistic, lively, musical and are very good in imaging, that at least is what most people say.
But on the other hand, the SAC KT88 isn't just your average push pull amp.
In the meantime, i can try a Tentlabs Hybride design amp from a dealer i know well which is promising.
http://www.tentlabs.com/index.html
Someone sold his Wadia gear for that one he told me... But there is so much people shout about. :scratch:
Sadly i can't audition a SAC KT88 but price/quality i think it's worth the risk buying one.
I might send it back if i won't like it if the dealer is flexible.

garykg

« Reply #7 on: 16 Dec 2009, 06:02 pm »
Hi - we import the SAC amplifiers  into the UK. In our opinion they are without peer - easily surpassing such names as prima luna, and Icon.
The secret is in the manufacture of the output transformers which are certainly way ahead of the vast majority of transformers  such as Tango and Audio Note. ( See the SAC website for a full appraisal)

The results when carefully matched to decent speakers such as our own Octagon Cathedral series are stunning. If anybody wants further information - please contact me direct. gary@acousticperfection.co.uk   

RCduck7

« Reply #8 on: 16 Dec 2009, 09:06 pm »
Hi - we import the SAC amplifiers  into the UK. In our opinion they are without peer - easily surpassing such names as prima luna, and Icon.
The secret is in the manufacture of the output transformers which are certainly way ahead of the vast majority of transformers  such as Tango and Audio Note. ( See the SAC website for a full appraisal)

The results when carefully matched to decent speakers such as our own Octagon Cathedral series are stunning. If anybody wants further information - please contact me direct. gary@acousticperfection.co.uk

Thanks, i think i allready wrote you, you provided some intersting information.
I still might want to try/buy one of those at some point.
First i am going to hook up the power amplifier section of my Dussun V8i to a tube pre amplifier and see how well that could turn out.