Wish to audition HT3's in Western NC or Upstate SC

charles28722

Wish to audition HT3's in Western NC or Upstate SC
« on: 26 Sep 2009, 04:58 pm »
I am very intrigued with these speakers and the large and loyal following of  Salk owners.  If anyone in this region owns HT3's and would be willing to allow a fellow audiofool a chance to listen, I would be very grateful (and provide beverages).  I can drive further, but maybe I'll get lucky.

Thanks,

Charles
Columbus, NC

rahimlee54

Re: Wish to audition HT3's in Western NC or Upstate SC
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2009, 06:14 pm »
I have some HT2s near Greensboro NC if you cant find any HT3s closer.

charles28722

« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2009, 07:30 pm »
Raimlee54:

Thanks for your generous offer.  I may take you up on it.  One of the challenges of living in WNC is that there are few opportunities to audition audio gear without taking a drive.  Maybe there are some other folks in the Raleigh / Durham area as well.

Meanwhile, I would love to hear your opinion of the HT2's.

Thanks

rahimlee54

« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2009, 02:42 pm »
The only other person I know in NC that has a pair is adydula=alex (Raleigh) , and he has the standard ST, although there could be others not on the forum and so forth.  I have the HT2-TLs, left that out before as I was in a hurry.  As far as the sound they sound really good the only thing I have compared them to are entry level speakers as my budget just happened to allow for the upgrade when I was ready to order the ST.  I really like the driver integration of my speakers, it is pretty seamless, and they are very, very clear and neutral.  I don't know if you have been reading a lot in this section but if you put in a bad recording you can tell it rather quickly and you tend to skip over it pretty fast.  I am still powering mine with an AVR currently, as my wife has decide other things are more important than an amp for the "whole family", so I am having to wait my turn.  If you do decide to come by feel free to bring whatever gear you want to try.

Jared

Rocket

« Reply #4 on: 27 Sep 2009, 02:51 pm »
Hi,

I have non tl ht2's and bought them from Jim in 2008.  They sound much better than my nuforce s9's that retailed for $5500US.

Regards

Rod

patrickperry

« Reply #5 on: 27 Sep 2009, 03:59 pm »
Hi Charles,

This is Rick from Asheville, how you been?  If I remember correctly, member BikeWNC (Andy) received a pair of HT3 last year.  He lives around the Waynesville and Maggie Valley area.  You may want to shoot him a PM.  We need to get together for another listening session at Frank again.

Rick

charles28722

« Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2009, 09:15 pm »
Rod / Jared / Rick:

Thanks for your feedback.  I made the decision this weekend to go to RMAF so hopefully can get an earful of the HT3's  there. 

Rick:  Yea, it's been a while and I hope your are well.  When Frank and I get back from Denver, maybe we can schedule a get-together.

Warmest regards,

Charles

rahimlee54

« Reply #7 on: 28 Sep 2009, 11:05 pm »
Rod / Jared / Rick:

Thanks for your feedback.  I made the decision this weekend to go to RMAF so hopefully can get an earful of the HT3's  there. 

Rick:  Yea, it's been a while and I hope your are well.  When Frank and I get back from Denver, maybe we can schedule a get-together.

Warmest regards,

Charles

Make sure you get an ear on the HT4 while you are there, they are fantastic.   :thumb: