Cure for the common cold!

danman

Cure for the common cold!
« on: 25 Sep 2009, 06:05 pm »
Had to stay home today as I am under the weather due to a cold! However, brought the kids to school, wife is gone 4 days to Quebec City so I am listening to loud music for once all by myself and the gear has a way of making me feel better especially at around 100 watts right now!!!!!!

Mag

Re: Cure for the common cold!
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2009, 07:17 pm »
You have to be careful with that. A cold can give you a false impression that your stereo sounds like crap. Then you're back on the upgrade path.

That's the beauty of the H1N1 virus. If you have any hint of flu symptoms, it's best to error on the side of caution and phone in sick, rather than risk infecting someone else. Being audiophiles sick time is productive audio time! :P

danman

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2009, 07:27 pm »
Yeah, my ears are a little blocked up but the Bryston has a way of relieving the symptoms!

I never said I had H1N1!!!!!!! At least I hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????oh oh!  :o

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2009, 08:00 pm »
Had to stay home today as I am under the weather due to a cold! However, brought the kids to school, wife is gone 4 days to Quebec City so I am listening to loud music for once all by myself and the gear has a way of making me feel better especially at around 100 watts right now!!!!!!

Hmmm...I will have to try this one :) Cough, cough...

redbook

• the music is the blood...........
« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2009, 10:31 pm »
 :weights:O.K........here goes my intended new topic but I think it may be apropo at this time! I was going to (tongue in cheek) post my HI-FI wine list . Sooo, for those of our members under the wheather I  suggest; (asredwinesofcoarse)......Merlot ..for smoother highs , Shiraz..for tighter base , a Pinot for the heart felt emotional classical fans that love the tiniest harmonic shifts,  and ,finally a soft a quiet Cabernet...for the jazz and new age folks among us. Wew, I feel better already ; how about you?  Anyway, cheers to Bryston, for without my amps there would be no remedy for the flu or anything else............. ! :wine:   :banana piano:.......................................  Your member  in good listening............Redbook. :thumb:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #5 on: 25 Sep 2009, 11:41 pm »
Louder is better. Turn it up. :)

Laundrew

« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2009, 12:47 am »

Subtlety and finesse, intertwined with an elusive but gentle rage is my nirvana...

danman

« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2009, 01:29 am »
6 hours and still going strong!!!!!!!! My nostrils have cleared and my ears are back to normal!! 120 watts now...............maybe I'm getting deaf or maybe it is the 2 rum and cokes!! aa

Levi

« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2009, 02:04 am »
90Hz should be good for you.  :)  Drink lots of juice. 

vegasdave

« Reply #9 on: 26 Sep 2009, 06:18 pm »

Subtlety and finesse, intertwined with an elusive but gentle rage is my nirvana...

I see.

Laundrew

« Reply #10 on: 26 Sep 2009, 06:45 pm »

I see.

Do you not mean, "I hear?" :scratch:

vegasdave

« Reply #11 on: 27 Sep 2009, 12:06 am »
Sure, why not?

95Dyna

« Reply #12 on: 28 Sep 2009, 01:49 pm »
:weights:O.K........here goes my intended new topic but I think it may be apropo at this time! I was going to (tongue in cheek) post my HI-FI wine list . Sooo, for those of our members under the wheather I  suggest; (asredwinesofcoarse)......Merlot ..for smoother highs , Shiraz..for tighter base , a Pinot for the heart felt emotional classical fans that love the tiniest harmonic shifts,  and ,finally a soft a quiet Cabernet...for the jazz and new age folks among us. Wew, I feel better already ; how about you?  Anyway, cheers to Bryston, for without my amps there would be no remedy for the flu or anything else............. ! :wine:   :banana piano:.......................................  Your member  in good listening............Redbook. :thumb:

However, should you have tighter bass and are looking for smoother highs and all you have on hand is a Shiraz, by all means pop the cork!

Robert D

« Reply #13 on: 29 Sep 2009, 12:51 am »

Chicken Soup and a Bryston Set Up

Robert