Silent Auction - Proceeds to go to the Wounded Warriors Project

vman71

This is a silent auction for two items with proceeds being donated to the Wounded Warriors Project.  Below are descriptions of the two items being auctioned. 

The Monica 2 DAC with SLA battery will be shipped from me and the H.H. Scott 222C will be shipped from Craig Otsby/NOSValves when it is ready to go.  Craig can provide more details on the 222C for those that are interested.
I will post pictures of the two items being auctioned. 

Auctioning will start today and will end on October 31st at midnight. 

Please email me (mvansloten@gmail.com) directly with your bids and I will notify the winners of the silent auction on November 1st.  I?ll also provide the results of the silent auction on this thread.  If you have any questions, please contact me (and again Craig for the H.H. Scott 222C).

1.  Monica 2 DAC with SLA battery & BNC->RCA digital cable ? The DAC and the 12V battery are both enclosed in a black ABS case, so it's self-contained.

Starting bid for the Monica 2 DAC is $75

2.  H.H. Scott 222C ? Complete rebuild a few years ago, currently getting a fresh check-up, has Russian oil caps, and bias mod.

Starting bid for the Scott 222C is $400

vman71

All,

A quick update on the silent auction:

First, a heart-felt ?thank you? to those that have submitted bids to the auction items and to those that have kindly donated to add to the auction proceeds.

Second, I?m going to extend the silent auction for both items until the end of November.  This will do a couple of things:

1. It will give (a very busy Craig) enough time to work on his equipment that is already in the queue, and
2. A little more time for bidding.

This timeframe still allows enough time to get the total donation to the Wounded Warriors Project Jacksonville office in time for use during the holidays.

I?m going to post pictures of the Monica 2 DAC tonight, for those that would like to see pictures of it.

?Thank you? again to all of you that are making this a success and a reminder that we support our troops who valiantly serve our great country.

Mike

vman71

Pictures of the Monica 2 DAC and link to a positive feedback review:

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue27/monica_dac.htm

orthobiz

Did someone win?

Paul

vman71

All,

A quick update on the silent auction:

First, a heart-felt "thank you" to those that have submitted bids to the auction items and to those that have kindly donated to add to the auction proceeds.

Second, I'm going to extend the silent auction for both items until the end of November.  This will do a couple of things:

1. It will give (a very busy Craig) enough time to work on his equipment that is already in the queue, and
2. A little more time for bidding.

This timeframe still allows enough time to get the total donation to the Wounded Warriors Project Jacksonville office in time for use during the holidays.

I?m going to post pictures of the Monica 2 DAC tonight, for those that would like to see pictures of it.

?Thank you? again to all of you that are making this a success and a reminder that we support our troops who valiantly serve our great country.

Mike

No winners yet, they will be announced Dec. 1st.

vman71

BUMP...a quick update.

- Keeping the bidding coming on the Scott 222C.

- Accepting donations that will be added to the total proceeds.

- No current bids on the Monica 2 DAC.  So I'm going to reduce the starting bid to $50.

Thanks again to everyone, especially our soldiers!

vman71

BUMP...

A reminder that bidding on this benefit silent auction end on Nov. 30th.

We've got bids on both items and I would encourage anybody looking for a awesome vintage tube amp, look no further than this 222C that is up for silent auction.  It's with Craig right now and it getting the full look over.

The Monica 2 DAC is a great little DAC for those that want a little more resolution from their CDP.

If you'd like to either bid or donate, you may do so until midnight, Nov. 30th.

Thanks again to all of you, it's a reminder that we support our troops.

ChrisM

This an excellent cause!!!!  You have your first bid.

vman71

Thanks Chris!  We actually have two now.  Let's keep them coming!

vman71

All day last Thursday (Nov. 19th), I was a volunteer worker at a Wounded Warriors Project Career/Job Fair.  There were approximately 80-100 soldiers from every branch of service and of all ages.  It was incredible to see the strength of character that these soldiers possessed in light of their situation and how you were immediately reminded of how proud we are to have them serving our great nation.

I?m even more inspired about the contribution that we?ll be sending to the Wounded Warriors Project following the conclusion of this silent auction and thru personal donations.

Thanks to all who have placed bids, personally donated, and to Craig/NOSValves for making sure the Scott 222C is ready for its new owner.

vman71

BUMP...ends tomorrow...accepting bids through midnight tomorrow (and donations as well).

Thanks to all for your support!

vman71

The silent auction for the Scott 222C has been extended until Friday Dec. 11th now that we have pictures and an update from Craig/NOSValves, see below.

This is what Craig has to say as of last night 12/1/09:

"This amp has all my bells and whistles in place, Complete bias controls and test points added. Russian Mil Spec K42Y capacitors stem to stern and a upgraded power supply filter bank. Basically a complete NOS Valve job. The face plate is in nice condition with just a few minor blemishes very presentable. The amp over all is clean. I had to replace the entire rear apron from shipping damage and the donor apron had some long term masking tape that has been embedded into the aluminum I tried to clean it off and was quickly lifting the lettering so I quit. I figured it was better to leave it then rub off all the lettering. What the heck its the back of the amp. All tubes are in good condition and all 6 front end tubes are USA NOS made tubes from the sixties. This amp sounds great I'm listening to it now."

Now for a few pictures:

vman71

All,

I received an offer for the Scott 222C that is more than fair.  So, in light of this development, I'm officially going to close the silent auction and inform the winning bidders of the Scott 222C and the Monica 2 DAC.

Again, I would like to thank everyone for their bids, donations, and to Craig for helping make this a success.  Our success benefits our soldiers who have bravely served our country and in some cases are still serving with the possibility of being deployed again.

As a "head's up," I've already been working on the next silent auction, while I work on the longer-term effort, which will be a comedy & concert benefit.  The next silent auction will be for books signed by promonent people in either the political arena or military arena and I'm working on possibly getting a US flag that has been flown over the Capitol or Pentagon.

Thanks to all of you that have made this successful!