Texas Revelator Towers up and running - PICS FINALLY!!

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
Re: Texas Revelator Towers up and running - PICS FINALLY!!
« Reply #40 on: 17 Aug 2011, 11:56 pm »
Shinny:

Below is my statement in this thread concerning the Lorelies.  I have never really heard the Lorelies.  What I was trying to say was that I wish that I had bought them over the Nightengales.  I am sorry that I cannot help you out with an A/B comparison between my TRT's and the Lorelies.

The ScanSpeak drivers used by Klaus in the Lorelies especially the woofer are very good.  The woofer is different than mine.  But I think it is the same driver that Fritz uses in his Carbon 7 speakers that got great comments (along with the Lorelies) at RMAF.  I am always sorry that I didn't spend the extra cash to step up to the Lorelies over the Nightengales.  Don't get me wrong...I enjoyed my Nightengales(still have them) but I think the Lorelies are in a different league

Regards,

Randy

Chris Holm

« Reply #41 on: 29 Apr 2012, 07:12 pm »
Registred to post here! :-) This is a very interesting speaker. I believe that the TRT is based on Zaph's ZRT, is that right? I am considdering to build something like it. But the 65 litre vented version of the ZRT has two vents. The TRT sems to have only one... What is the tuning of the TRT?

Which is the best - ZRT or TRT? What are the differences?

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #42 on: 30 Apr 2012, 12:43 pm »
Registred to post here! :-) This is a very interesting speaker. I believe that the TRT is based on Zaph's ZRT, is that right? I am considdering to build something like it. But the 65 litre vented version of the ZRT has two vents. The TRT sems to have only one... What is the tuning of the TRT?

Which is the best - ZRT or TRT? What are the differences?

The TRT is quite a bit different than Zaph's design. The woofers are the same for the lower unit but the upper woofer in my design is a 4-ohm driver. The tuning is in the low 30's for the ported cabinet.

Chris Holm

« Reply #43 on: 30 Apr 2012, 06:17 pm »
Thank you for your reply. :-) I live in Norway and was tipped by the guys at Dynabel about these Scanspeak drivers. They gave me the link to Zaph audio. After a bit of Google I stumbled upon this forum and the TRT kit from Selah.

Can you give me more information about the kit? The website doesn't say much. Got any .pdf or pictures to share?

If I were to build this speaker, I'd probably import the drivers and crossover from Selah, but build the cabinet locally. If that kit is the one that you used to build yours. It looks stunning, and the low tuning is what I'm looking for.