bcd-1 remote attention james

passlabs

bcd-1 remote attention james
« on: 23 Sep 2009, 03:36 am »
James i have had my bcd-1 cd player about two months love it, but two of the four pads on the bottom of the remote have fallen off. Is there anything i could do to get new ones to replace them. thanks john

drummermitchell

Re: bcd-1 remote attention james
« Reply #1 on: 23 Sep 2009, 03:52 am »
Sorry to butt in,it's a easy fix.Mine did the same thing,go to any hardware store and you can get replacements(set of 12 for 3.49 :thumb:,)mine did the same thing.I think the backsides of those dry out after awhile.no big deal.

srb

« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2009, 05:15 am »
Sorry to butt in,it's a easy fix.Mine did the same thing,go to any hardware store and you can get replacements(set of 12 for 3.49 :thumb: ,)mine did the same thing.I think the backsides of those dry out after awhile.no big deal.

Can you elaborate where you got these rubber pads?  I have been to Ace Hardware, Home Depot and Lowe's, and I haven't been able to find similar low-profile (1/16" T or less), smooth, flat, super-grippy pads.

Everything I found was either spongy rubber or grippy, but a little too thick clear vinyl bumper feet - but nothing so far like the flat thin OEM rubber pads I see on a lot of equipment.

Steve

drummermitchell

« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2009, 01:00 pm »
I picked up mine from Home hardware.
Both of my remotes have the clear rubber feet and were rounded.
these are self adhesive.They are just a hair higher,other than that,they are the same.

95Dyna

« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2009, 02:55 pm »
Are we talking about the BR2 here?  Mine is 3 months old now (it came with my BP26P) and the buttons appear to be metal, not rubber.  I haven't experienced this. 

drummermitchell

« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2009, 03:01 pm »
I believe were talking about the bottom rubber feet(self adhesive)BR-2,BCD-1.

passlabs

« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2009, 09:12 pm »
Yes iam talking about the rubber feet on the br2 remote that came with my cd player . Didnt know they had a br2 remote with metal feet but that would make sense because they would stay on permanent..

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #7 on: 24 Sep 2009, 11:51 pm »

A picture is worth a thousand words and of course, a number is worth a thousand pictures  aa

Be well...

drummermitchell

« Reply #8 on: 25 Sep 2009, 12:53 am »
:thumb:,pictures work, nuff said.

95Dyna

« Reply #9 on: 25 Sep 2009, 01:24 pm »
Yes iam talking about the rubber feet on the br2 remote that came with my cd player . Didnt know they had a br2 remote with metal feet but that would make sense because they would stay on permanent..

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the front buttons as "rubber pads".  My bad!