sony cdp c555es  disc changer
psb stratus gold i
lat 1000 speaker wire
adcom 515 power enhancer
very average interconnects - audioquest ruby
                                        straightwire rhapsody
original power cords for the amplifiers
original power cords for pre amp and source

The sound was astonishing clear, soundstage wide and that total silence from which sound eminates was deeper particularly on older redbook cds :)

then, of course :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: i had to improve it.
i kept the same source, pre amp and speakers.

the cable company recommended:
audience power cord (non "e" version) for the pre amp
cardis quadlink power cords for the amps
i put in a furutech outlet
added a ps audio usb 200 power center
changed all the speaker wire to anti-cable from paul speltz.

my soundstage has flattened, highs once again are too bright, imaging is downright depressing  :cry:

H E L P -
i'm thinking .... :idea... maybe
bypass the ps audio 200 and go right into the furutech outlet.
get NuForce interconnects (go with balanced) and speaker cable.

but really ..... i'm writing this to all those NuForce converts out there who might be able to tell me how, in the first place, i got it so right and how, in the second place, got it so wrong.

please help. every day without that which i'm suppose to have is a torture of sorts, principally because i had it.
your friend and fellow seeker of the audible truth ...dan romano

nuforce-casey

• Industry Participant
Re: had it ............ lost it ................want it again
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2009, 11:48 pm »
Hi,
We have always recommend Nuforce users to stay-away from using solid-core cable, such as the 'Anti Cable'.

They create some high-frequency resonance, and may even cause damages to Nuforce, as Nuforce amps are of very high bandwidth.

You should try the Nuforce Focused Field cables.

Jon L

« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2009, 01:21 am »
What's the problem?  :scratch:
Just put back everything as before. 

For example, I have/had many dozens of $$$ power cords and cables, but I currently use "original" power cords in certain positions with certain gear that gives me great synergy.  FYI, Audience cord is a very colored-sounding cord, just like many other "audiophile" cords out there.  Power conditioners and outlets are definite hit-or-miss also.  Just because you spent more money on newer and supposedly better stuff, it does not mean they synergize better with your system and tastes IME.

Kenobi

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2009, 01:33 am »
Aside from what may be a possible mismatch, could it be that you needed additional burn-in on the new cables?  If that's not it, maybe give the Nuforce cables a try since they're made to synergize with the company's electronics.  I personally find that Nuforce electronics are extremely revealing and could easily tip the intricate balance between transparency and musicality to clinical and coolish tendencies.

The use of warmish footers (softer or rounded type) can help bring back the balance as well and stay away from sharp, pointed metalic cones which exacerbate the high frequencies too much at the expense of midrange warmth and bass bloom.  Also, the outlet need not be overly revealing or top-heavy but neutral to warmish works best. 

All in all, it's a matter of balance and synergy, the more things you have at your disposal to try the better your chances and understanding of what works and what is counter-productive.  Like a chef with different ingredients and spices, you'll soon know what can add or take away from what you're after.  Its a process so learn and enjoy as you go about it.

Good luck,

Kenobi

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2009, 02:37 am »
Go with everything Nuforce  :thumb:
We could have introduced cables years ago but don't want to do so until we have something really great. So dumb your average cable and go with the average pricing but awesome performance Nuforce cables.

Whatever you spent on accessories or mod, it can't beat the improvement (in cost saving or performance) when we jump from one generation of amp technology to another.  $400/unit to upgrade from V2 to V3 ($600 if you're from V1 to V3).
V3 THD has lowered by a few X over V2 in most freq range, bandwidth extended to 130Khz (that might not matter except to demonstrate the capability of the design), SNR is exceptionally good.  Will publish more info next week on V3.  I think we have achieved a near perfect balance amp (Class-D or not!).