WTB: Osiris Reference speaker stands [SOLD]

z_accoustics

WTB: Osiris Reference speaker stands [SOLD]
« on: 18 Sep 2009, 09:56 pm »
Hello, looking for these speaker stands for my new monitors. They would look great in my setup and compliment the speakers I'm using. Sand filled pillars would be great.

Please email or PM me, flexible on price.

regards,
-Z

edit: bought from audiocircle member. thanks
« Last Edit: 17 Oct 2009, 03:46 am by z_accoustics »

toobluvr

Re: WTB: Osiris Reference speaker stands
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2009, 10:16 pm »

I used to own these...nice stands!

Kindof rare on the used market, but they do pop up on occasion.  Expect to pay about 200 to 250.

Happy hunting!

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #2 on: 19 Sep 2009, 12:28 am »
Just wanted to let you know that if you are unlucky in finding an Osiris Stand (they went out of business 9 years ago), go ahead and send me a pm. There are quite a few I have researched and I would be willing to share that with you.

Best of luck in your search,

Anand.

toobluvr

« Reply #3 on: 19 Sep 2009, 12:33 am »
Why not share your findings here in public?    :scratch:

I'm sure others would be interested.  I know I would, and I don't see how doing so is any kind of breach of ettiquette.     

poseidonsvoice

« Reply #4 on: 19 Sep 2009, 12:47 am »
Okay.

The four I have looked at so far are:

1. Standman (who is right here on audiocircle and has a gallery)

2. Tyler Acoustics

3. Skylan stands

4. Mapleshade

Mapleshade was too expensive for what they were delivering, at least from the website info, so I might be wrong there. Beautiful but really in a stratospheric price league for me (I had specific requirements)! Tyler Acoustics and Skylan were both only slightly more expensive than what the reader proposed and are basically matte black in color. I have chosen Standman as he is agreeable to making CUSTOM stands and does so with maple, walnut, cherry, etc.... mass loadable. Aesthetically very pleasing as well. He has quite a few other designs that he doesn't advertise so its best to pm him directly with your requirements. Some are less expensive and some are more. The point is....he is flexible. And he tries hard to work with you which is a nice personal touch. I was suprised because he may or may not make the sale!

Good luck,

Best,
Anand.

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2009, 01:14 am »
I'll 2nd the recommendation for Standman's stands. I bought a pair for my SP Tech Mini's and was very impressed with the quality and finish. I'm now using them for my much bigger and heavier SP Tech TP 3.0's and they hold up with no problem.

Gene

TomS

« Reply #6 on: 19 Sep 2009, 01:23 am »
Anand,

Just curious if you had him make or quote Geddes Abbey stands for you?  If so, what height, top plate, bottom plate size, etc.?

Tom

BTW, I used to own the Osiris stands with my Merlin TSM's and wish I'd never sold them  :(   Good luck with the search, they do turn up every now and then.

maxwalrath

« Reply #7 on: 19 Sep 2009, 06:01 am »
I think they usually go for $300+ on Audiogon...

With the demand for them I'm surprised a stand manufacturer doesn't just copy the design.  The things people like are the great threaded screws, and the huge columns to add tons of weight...not exactly rocket science, although they've got to be pricey to produce.

toobluvr

« Reply #8 on: 19 Sep 2009, 06:29 am »
I think they usually go for $300+ on Audiogon...

Nope!

I sold mine for 250.
And my buyer eventually sold them for 250.

When I see them on AG, asking price is usually 225 to 275.
I've even seen them as low as $200.

poseidonsvoice

« Reply #9 on: 19 Sep 2009, 01:59 pm »
Anand,

Just curious if you had him make or quote Geddes Abbey stands for you?  If so, what height, top plate, bottom plate size, etc.?

Tom

BTW, I used to own the Osiris stands with my Merlin TSM's and wish I'd never sold them  :(   Good luck with the search, they do turn up every now and then.

Tom,

Yes its for the Abbey. They are 14 inches tall WITH spikes. The top plate is 13 inches by 13 inches so I can have a reveal. The bottom plate is 15 by 15 inches. They are much more substantial than the pictures posted here. They will be in a Cognac finish.

Best,
Anand.

z_accoustics

Re: WTB: Osiris Reference speaker stands [SOLD]
« Reply #10 on: 21 Sep 2009, 07:16 pm »
I'll do [SOLD: payment made, waiting for shipment] shipped if in excellent condition and sand filled.

zip 01609 (business address)

my monitors arrive around Oct 7th, so the sooner the better.

thanks
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2009, 05:11 pm by z_accoustics »