Finally, a good copy of Spidey!

bubba966

« on: 2 Jan 2004, 07:49 pm »
Some of you HD'ers already know that I was never happy with the release of Spider-Man we got as I could tell it was too compressed. I felt they did that intentionally to show that a Superbit version would be a noticable improvement (like they did with xXx).

And today I got this...

So, I shall see what Spidey finally should look like. :mrgreen:

This should be a true reference quality disc for both audio & video, where as the regular release only sounded great.

Woodsea

« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2004, 08:53 pm »
This is what I have been waiting for!!!
Where did you get it from?

bubba966

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2004, 08:56 pm »
Got it here http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SB-32161

It is Region 2 NTSC though. Don't know what mods are currently being offered to run multi-region discs on Xbox's though. You are still using your 'box for DVD's, right?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 3 Jan 2004, 04:03 am »
I'd think it wouldn't be too long til it comes out here, too.  I'll be buying it, of course.  Even though I didn't think it looked too bad originally, pretty much every SB I have kills the standard version.

Woodsea

« Reply #4 on: 5 Jan 2004, 05:31 pm »
Brian,
I had a neighbor kid mod my box.  It now has a 160gb Seagate in it.  You see, the original xbox Thomsen DVD-ROM drive died.  So I am actively looking for a Samsung 616 dvd-player to mod and place in it.  With that I should be able to play all dvd's any region and any format :!:
But first we are clearing out the house, here in Columbus for the move to D.C. area, Virginia actually.

bubba966

« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2004, 02:42 am »
Well, bob brought it to my attention that Spider-Man will be released as a SB disc here in the US on 6/1/04. So those of you that only are able to run Region 1 DVD's will finally be able to get Spidey in a better quality release for a bit less $ than the Region 2 Superbit...