Who's going to be at CES?

ekovalsky

« on: 2 Jan 2004, 06:42 pm »
I'm going up Fri and leaving Sunday.  Anyone interested in getting a group together for dinner/drinks Fri or Saturday night?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2004, 06:55 pm »
Have one for me Eric.   :beer:

Maybe next year...

GW

rkapadia@ROOP

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2004, 07:34 pm »
I have my flight and hotel booked for next weekend, but my mom's sick and has a hospital stay scheduled midweek.   I'm hoping everything will turn out well and I can make it to the show...very excited for my first CES.

Regards,

jgubman

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jan 2004, 07:42 pm »
I'll be there w/ my brother-in-law.

Was planning on the AVS dinner on Friday night, want to grab a VMPS table there? I thought I read that Jullian will also be at that dinner...

Sedona Sky Sound

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jan 2004, 03:27 am »
I arrive on Thursday morning. If I am not in the VMPS room, feel free to come visit me over at Alexis Park #1960 (Morkai Audio). I am not sure what they sound like yet, but Morkai should definitely have the coolest looking speakers at CES (Diamond shaped sitting on their patented 1-point stand).

See everyone there.    

Julian
www.sedonaskysound.com

ekovalsky

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jan 2004, 02:34 am »
Sounds like a plan.  Any other VMPS people planning on going to the AVS dinner?

Quote from: jgubman
I'll be there w/ my brother-in-law.

Was planning on the AVS dinner on Friday night, want to grab a VMPS table there? I thought I read that Jullian will also be at that dinner...

John Casler

« Reply #6 on: 4 Jan 2004, 04:32 am »
I'll be there (CES) Thurs, Fri, Sat.

Love to meet all of you if for nothing else but to shake your hands and swap a few "audio tales" (all BS of course).

While I plan on being at the VMPS room most of the time, If I miss you, I'll have my cell (310-500-8010) so give me a buzz and we'll get together.

It's always a fun surprise to put a face with the name. :mrgreen:

See you there :wink:

soundguy3

Will be there!
« Reply #7 on: 5 Jan 2004, 05:29 am »
Hello all,

Well, am back home from a long, working trip.  I will be at CES, leaving Jan7 and there for the run.  Can't wait to hear Brians new toys.....the thought of giving up my RM40's is unthinkable, but after reading all this good stuff about the 30's, I may end up doing just that!!

See you all there,

Soundguy3

Ernest

« Reply #8 on: 5 Jan 2004, 11:28 pm »
I'm not a current VMPS owner but I'll be at CES and will definitely be stopping by the VMPS room.  I'll be keeping an eye out for you guys as I would really like to meet you all.

lkosova

• http://www.AutomatedHomeandBusiness.com
« Reply #9 on: 6 Jan 2004, 03:25 pm »
Hi,

I will be at CES from Thursday Afternoon till Sunday Afternoon. I will be with my brother in law also and might go to the AVS dinner on Friday. Last year Sam Runco was very funny and interesting speaker. This year it's Sam and Stewart Screens speaking. The dinner is more like appetizers but there is enough to eat....

Go to the VMPS room on different days ,if you can. You will see the sound change for the better like last year. There was a big difference between Thursday and Saturday.

Heh, what music are you all bringing to audition gear with?????????

Larry

jgubman

« Reply #10 on: 6 Jan 2004, 05:54 pm »
I was wondering that myself. Is it a good idea to bring a few CDs along to audition gear with? I know Brian lets you play whatever you want, but does anyone else?

lkosova

• http://www.AutomatedHomeandBusiness.com
« Reply #11 on: 6 Jan 2004, 06:19 pm »
Yes,

Bring cd's!!!  People will put spray's on them and ask"do you hear the difference"??

I would bring along two or three that you are familiar with.

But be careful, Brian might want to keep it and make a master copy. It took me awhile to get my Fareed Haque cd back!!!!   :lol:

Larry

HarleyMYK

« Reply #12 on: 7 Jan 2004, 04:20 am »
I'm flying in just for Friday.  So many speakers so little time.  Hope to see some of you there.

jgubman

« Reply #13 on: 7 Jan 2004, 10:49 pm »
Well, al Qaeda be damned, I'm leaving for Vegas w/ my CDs in a few hours!

I'll definately be at the AVS dinner on Friday night, hope to see you guys there.

I'll have my cell phone with me, my number was supposed to have changed by yesterday, but it hasn't yet, so i'll be reachable at either:
650.430.1844 (current number)
or hopefully:

See you there,
Jon