Movies you are waiting to see in 2004

IanATC

« on: 2 Jan 2004, 10:02 am »
Maybe this is stating the obvious but:

Spider Man 2:  This will rock beyond belief...I know it will!

Shrek 2:  the 1st was a blast!

The Incredibles:  Pixars latest.  Finding Nemo was in my top 3 best of 2003.  Pixar  knocked the ball out of the park with that, and the incredibles looks way cool.

Van Helsing:  I so want this not to suck

Dawn of the dead:  hopefully, another remake that might be fun

Troy:  looks epic

Harry potter:  yes, they have been getting better.  

Alien vs predator...oh please, please don't suck!

Garfield:  just kidding.  Probably make scooby-doo look like shakespeare

Blade trinity:  why not, part II was better than 1!!!

Tell me, with Green Lantern, Flash, Thor, Fantastic Four, and other real heroes why does hollywood pull CATWOMAN out of it's arse to make???

bob82274

Re: Movies you are waiting to see in 2004
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jan 2004, 02:48 am »
Quote from: IanATC
Tell me, with Green Lantern, Flash, Thor, Fantastic Four, and other real heroes why does hollywood pull CATWOMAN out of it's arse to make???

Because they got to stick Halle Berry in small pieces of leather.

Picks in the order they pop into my head:

Shrek 2:  John Clesse is very funny, a nice addition.

Spiderman 2: Should be entertaining anyway

Harry Potter: I never read the books and only saw the movies for the first time a few months ago... now I am anticipating the third.  However I think I will wait a few days after it comes out to go see.  Its not that I don't want to see it as soon as it comes out but instead I don't want to deal with kids dressed up and cheering in the middle of the movie.  If ROTK wasn't such a great movie I would have been miserable seeing it because of this very problem (only it was middle aged men with swords).

Troy:  Well this one is worth seeing for one reason alone: Sean Bean doesn't die.  At least he isn't supposed to.  He does seem to find a way to always die in his movies

Resident Evil:  I thought the first one was a fun movie.  Besides who can argue with Milla

Episode III: would be great if it came out 2004 but I'm fairly certain that its a 2005 flick.

Maybes:

SkyCaptian and the World of Tomorrow: I'm a sucker for the future of the mid to late 20th century (see blade runner).  Looks like it was influenced by Metropolis.

The Day After Tomorrow:  Ok just want to see a tornado rip through downtown LA

Johng316

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2004, 11:25 pm »
Mel Gibson's The Passion is at the top of my list of must-see movies for 2004.

Trailer here:  http://www.cinemovies.fr/medias/ba/T/the_passion_teaservo_480.mov

This one is going to be an incredible, perhaps life-changing movie.

John G

Andrikos

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2004, 11:47 pm »
That was a cool trailer (The Passion).
However, it was scientifically proven that nailing somebody by their palms cannot hold heir weight for long before they shred.
It was suggested that J. was probably nailed by his wrists...
oh well...

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jan 2004, 02:04 am »
LotR: RotK for me.  Yes, I'm the last guy in North America that hasn't seen it yet.  I've been waiting for the theaters to thin out a bit, and I simply won't see a movie if I can't sit in the dead smack center of the theater right in the sweet spot.

I didn't manage to catch The Rundown, either, so I'm anxious for the DVD release.

Definately looking forward to Spidey 2.  And another Daredevil, if it's in the works for '04.

And Passions looks really good to me, too.