Any Owners or Dealers in CT?

mcody1

« on: 2 Jan 2004, 04:33 am »
All this talk about the new RM30's is making my AudioNevousia kick in.  I have had my ACI speakers for a 5 years and enjoy them greatly but the 30's sound like they might be something I would enjoy.

There is only 1 dealer linked on Brian's page but I know there are others. How do I find a list of all of them (I know you are out there) and might there be a kind CT resident that would let me hear their set-up?

Thanks and happy New Year!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jan 2004, 04:51 am »
Where in CT are you?

I am Carmel, NY (less than 10 miles from Danbury).

You are more than welcome to come hear my RM 40's.

GW

ctviggen

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jan 2004, 02:46 pm »
I'd love to come over sometime and listen to the RM40s. I live in Watertown and work in Fairfield.

mcody1

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jan 2004, 06:09 am »
Thank you Zybar -

I just got back from Danbury this very evening so I know just where Carmel is.  I live up by Hartford but get down there about once a month.

I have dedicated theater as well and one of my concerns was that the narrow dispersion patterns of the ribbons might mean they are not well suited to such dual duty.  I notice that you do not have a center channel in front of your screen.  Do you run the RM 40's as a phantom center or is your screen perfd with the center behind it?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jan 2004, 01:23 pm »
I am in the process of trying to determine if I need a center or not.  I actually haven't watched a movie yet (will watch something today).

If I need a center, the question will be whether to get the LRC or RM 30.

In either case, it will need to go between the speakers as the screen is mounted to the wall.

You too are welcome to come down for a listen.

Just send me a PM and we can work things out.

GW

ctviggen

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jan 2004, 04:00 pm »
I would recommend a center channel if you have anyone over or have people sitting in more than one location.  I use Linn speakers with a Linn center.  The front Linns are three ways, and the center channel is a two way.  They use the same drivers, so they sound very similar.  I personally can't tell the difference for movies, but I also like two channel music, so I'm not a multichannel fan (at least not yet).   In the future, since my Proceed AVP is no longer being supported, I may upgrade to something that has multichannel capabilities, but I don't see any great need as of yet.  My main need is speakers, so I'll also be in the same predicament as you -- RM30 for a center channel (although I have a RPTV) or the LRC?