Preamp w/ H/T Pass Thru??

KeithA

Preamp w/ H/T Pass Thru??
« on: 3 Sep 2009, 09:31 pm »
James

I know in the past there was no intention to design an 'uber' BP-26-type preamp with H/T 'bypass"....is that still the case??

I know the BP-16 has this option (I think), but I was curious if there's ever been any consideration recently about going down the road of putting H/T bypass ("unity gain") in , say, the BP-26??

Keith

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Preamp w/ H/T Pass Thru??
« Reply #1 on: 3 Sep 2009, 10:31 pm »
James

I know in the past there was no intention to design an 'uber' BP-26-type preamp with H/T 'bypass"....is that still the case??

I know the BP-16 has this option (I think), but I was curious if there's ever been any consideration recently about going down the road of putting H/T bypass ("unity gain") in , say, the BP-26??

Keith

Hi Keith,

Nothing on the drawing board for the moment.

james

werd

« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2009, 10:39 pm »
James

Keith

Hi Keith,

james

Come on James tell us the truth. There has to be something out there in the works for a two channel pre or stereo pre of some type?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 3 Sep 2009, 11:00 pm »
No really - we have our hands full with the new SP3 and the new Zone amps.

james

KeithA

« Reply #4 on: 7 Sep 2009, 12:53 am »
James

Keith

Hi Keith,

james

Thanks James.

I guess I've come to the realization that I want to separate the surround processor from the 2-channel preamp, main reason being that the digital side just changes so much. Not looking at the SP3 for this reason as well.

Keith