Custom Micro Seiki DD-33 **SOLD**

specialidiot

Custom Micro Seiki DD-33 **SOLD**
« on: 3 Sep 2009, 06:11 pm »
SOLD - Thanks Jack!

This could be the most beautiful turntable you'll ever see, as long as you like striking wood grain, elegant tone arms, and simple controls.

I bought this via the bay last winter and it arrived full of scratches and gouges.  Functionally fine, but visually it was not up to my expectations.  Rather than return it, I made a project out of it.

I removed all of the components and stripped the base of the vinyl veneer.  Then I applied Brazilian Rosewood veneer, followed by 5 coats of Watco Danish Oil wet sanded in between.  The result is a stunning looker and a solid performer.

The rubber components of the feet were deteriorated and replacements are astronomically priced, so I used Vibropod feet and they work very well.  The table as solid and stable as it is beautiful.

I have the dust cover and hinges but I did not install either.  The cover is crack free and only minor swirling.  It has someone yellowed with age but a little plexus polish it will be fine.  I can install the hinges for you but oh I really don't want to put another screw in that beautiful base.

No cartridge at this price: $450 plus shipping.

Since I have had this table completely apart I am confident that I can pack it for war.  I'd suggest shipping the cover separate but that's up to the buyer.

« Last Edit: 4 Sep 2009, 09:45 pm by specialidiot »

Whitese

Re: Custom Micro Seiki DD-33
« Reply #1 on: 3 Sep 2009, 07:58 pm »
Thats a beaut...what kind of tonearm is that?

specialidiot

« Reply #2 on: 3 Sep 2009, 08:08 pm »
Thats a beaut...what kind of tonearm is that?

Thanks.  I'm told it is a Micro Seiki MA-707.

I should also add that the astute observer will notice that the strobe lamp is backwards.  I've fixed that.......

orthobiz

« Reply #3 on: 4 Sep 2009, 01:49 am »
Really, really nice. But right now I have more turntables than people in my house.

Paul

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: 4 Sep 2009, 03:18 am »
What a GORGEOUS piece that is.  I'm half tempted just to look at it.

Bryan

Ericus Rex

« Reply #5 on: 4 Sep 2009, 06:36 pm »
Arm looks more like the Micro Seiki CF-1.  It does have a carbon fiber armtube, yes?