What are y'all up to?

DeadFish

What are y'all up to?
« on: 29 Aug 2009, 03:24 am »
Hiya folks!

Since I don't get together with much of anyone for all too long while I work saturdays, I was wondering what folks had new going on.
On the other hand, I have a new amp, and thought I'd share the news if anyone had once-upon-a-time had an interest.
The latest incarnation in my living room is a recently built Bottlehead S.E.X. amp, now running through my Altec Boleros.  At 2 watts/channel, this gives some juice to da music!
I hear a S.E.X. amp back in 2004 and kept the thing in my head that I wanted one, and had a hoot building one side-by-side with my son.  I'm doing the speaker thing and Ben is doing the headphone thing, and we are both shickled titless.
I have the hardware for doing the 'iron upgrade' but not the time. 
Scott F. already heard the amp when it was green and about 3 days old and if I remember, 'sat up and watched', right Scott? Well, the break-in has been pleasant and I'm even more pleased.  The Boleros have more 'slam' than the Horns did, and 2 watts of Pink Floyd never sounded so good.
SO, if anyone ever wanted to hear one of dese amps, gimme a p/m and we can work something out.  In the meantime, what is everyone up to, interesting?
BTW, maybe RMAF for me and Ben, who else besides, Willie, Mark and Scott maybe?
I'm FINALLY looking forward to music again.
Well, anyway, shout out, anybody!

Best Regards,
DeadFish

BPT

• Industry Participant
  • Balanced Power Technologies
Re: What are y'all up to?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Sep 2009, 11:43 am »
I'll be at RMAF, showing in the Iris room on the main floor (with Emprircal Audio). Will be using my latest projects: battery powered digital amps and 6' four panel OBs.
If you are going to Scotts, I'll be bring you some DVD-Rs with hi-rez FLAC file tunes that will play through your SB3 (If you have updated to the latest software.).
Chris H.

DeadFish

Re: What are y'all up to?
« Reply #2 on: 1 Sep 2009, 02:15 pm »
Hey Chris!
Thanks for the response!  Looking forward to hearing what you got then, out there.
By all means, would be definitely interested in hearing what you have on DVD-R.  I'm leaning into coming out to Scott's in the evening, as I have to work that day, but I'm coming nonetheless.
We'll see ya there, one place or the other!  :wink:

Best Regards,
Bill

author=BPT link=topic=71155.msg665227#msg665227 date=1251805383]
I'll be at RMAF, showing in the Iris room on the main floor (with Emprircal Audio). Will be using my latest projects: battery powered digital amps and 6' four panel OBs.
If you are going to Scotts, I'll be bring you some DVD-Rs with hi-rez FLAC file tunes that will play through your SB3 (If you have updated to the latest software.).
Chris H.