Popcorn Hour C200?

John Casler

Popcorn Hour C200?
« on: 28 Aug 2009, 02:16 am »
Anyone been following the "pre-release" info on this?

Looks like you can easily add your own HD and DVD-burner without too much trouble.

Looks weak on the Internet Radio portion.

Very interesting YouTube Customer Service Instructions.

http://www.hometoys.com/hotstories/index.php

JDUBS

Re: Popcorn Hour C200?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2009, 02:30 am »
Yep, pre-ordered one this morning.  I hope I'm in the first batch as I've been looking forward to this for a while.

Two internal SATA connections and you can add a blu-ray drive (not hd-dvd) to play blu-ray discs and DVDs.  It doesn't burn.

This sucker will replace (I hope) my ps3!

Oh yeah, these guys are constantly developing updates to the firmware and there is a huge community of very talented folks developing homebrew stuff as well.  Given the increased horsepower vs. the earlier models some really cool stuff should be possible!

-Jim

John Casler

« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2009, 03:10 pm »
Yep, pre-ordered one this morning.  I hope I'm in the first batch as I've been looking forward to this for a while.

Two internal SATA connections and you can add a blu-ray drive (not hd-dvd) to play blu-ray discs and DVDs.  It doesn't burn.

This sucker will replace (I hope) my ps3!

Oh yeah, these guys are constantly developing updates to the firmware and there is a huge community of very talented folks developing homebrew stuff as well.  Given the increased horsepower vs. the earlier models some really cool stuff should be possible!

-Jim

Hi Jim,

Doesn't burn?  That is a neg for what I'm looking for.

While the Bluray player and media server qualities make it attractive, not being able to "burn" a playlist CD is strange.

Also the Internet Radio component was either Metal/Progessive or subscription, although that is not a biggie.

I was spoiled with the OLIVE capabilities and seems there isn't anything out there in a rackable component, except very expensive units.

Looking for:

Rack/stackable

Music Server

CD burner

Playlist capable

Internet Radio (like Shoutcast or even Pandora)

NO FAN

FLAC or lossless

Networded with ability to access, control and perform functions and build play lists from your computer, but does not rely on the computer, but only an internet connection (wired or WiFi)

Please post your impressions when yu get it.

JDUBS

« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2009, 09:50 pm »
John

I will definitely post my impressions.

I'm not sure you are going to find anything like this that burns, too.  Most people just use their computer for that.

-Jim

John Casler

« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2009, 09:54 pm »
John

I will definitely post my impressions.

I'm not sure you are going to find anything like this that burns, too.  Most people just use their computer for that.

-Jim

The OLIVEs did and the QSonix does, but both are more expensive.