Help finding a new tv/center channel stand

TF1216

• Industry Participant
Help finding a new tv/center channel stand
« on: 22 Aug 2009, 06:52 am »
Hi guys,

I think I just scored myself a used (new for me) plasma HDTV.  The seller is offering me a good deal on a tv stand.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/fuo/1288950160.html

The thing is I would like to incorporate my center channel into the decor of my new apartment better than I am currently doing.  The center channel is very similar to Rick Craig's design, the "35CC".

http://www.selahaudio.com/id115.html

Does anyone have any suggestions for AV furniture for me?  I don't I would mind using one of those center channel stands in front of the tv.  I am talking about the stands that angle the center channel upwards.  I have never seen one of those for sale though.  Are they custom?

I am not sure if I can wall mount anything.  I feel uncomfortable doing that to someone else's place.  I am going to be living in an apartment (bottom floor of landlords house) where I might mount everything in front of a window anyway.

Other associated equipment are:

Pass amplifier
BD player
DIY multi-channel amp
Cable receiver
Custom SB3
*Soon* preamp
*Possibly* external crossover/EQ for subwoofer

What would you guys do?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Help finding a new tv/center channel stand
« Reply #1 on: 22 Aug 2009, 02:11 pm »
What's your budget?

Most of the pre-made AV/TV stands didn't allow enough clearance between shelves for a decent sized center channel.  I solved this by taking a tv wall mount stand, mounting it upside-down and using that for my center channel above the tv.  This worked really well for me, but that won't be an option for you.

What are your center channel's measurements?

I have always liked the Salamander tv stands, but you need to look carefully at the shelf spacing.  Here is a site with some good prices:

http://www.thesimpletvstandstore.com/sb2.aspx?page=1&&refine=y&Brand=Salamander+designs&refine=y&refine=y&A6=13&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=214&utm_term=salamander%2Bfurniture&ctt_id=5828130&ctt_adnw=Google&ctt_kw=salamander%20furniture&ctt_ch=ps&ctt_entity=kw&gclid=CIOCvN24t5wCFcZM5Qod5zN5oA

George

TF1216

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 22 Aug 2009, 07:07 pm »
Thanks for the reply George.  To answer your question the CC measurements are 14" H x 14" D x 24" W.

I think I would like to find someone who sells the small stands specifically for CC.  Anyone know who makes those?

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #3 on: 24 Aug 2009, 01:36 am »
Anybody woodworker would find it a vary easy task to build to your dimensions.
Not just the depth and width of your CC, but also the total height of the stand.  aa

Bob