A new Squeezebox on the Horizon? The Squeezebox Radio X-R0001

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Wonder how that will differ from the Squeezebox Boom.  Sounds like it's pretty much the same thing from a functionality standpoint.

Bryan

persisting1

Wonder how that will differ from the Squeezebox Boom.  Sounds like it's pretty much the same thing from a functionality standpoint.

Bryan

I agree.

Not sure how they'll market this.

Philistine

I've got a couple of Boom's and rate them very highly - one of the better SlimDevices products along with the TP, so I'm sure this is a well thought out product in terms of performance and market position.

Maybe it doesn't need a PC with SlimServer, just a wireless network?

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Then how is it going to access your library as they state???

Bryan

Philistine

Bryan - as they are promoting it under the name Radio I was speculating that it could function as a stand alone unit for internet radio access only, in addition to its network capabilities?  The emphasis appears to be more on radio than streaming from SlimServer.

Philistine

More details on the SB Radio:

http://www.logitechsqueezebox.com/products/squeezebox-radio.html

Confirms, amongst other features, that it is able to perform as an internet radio without a pc up and running with SqueezeCenter.  Has some othe cool features also such as color screen, nice product.

al2002

Unfortunately, they have, once again, omitted line outputs.

A pity, as that is why I did not buy the Logitech boom box when it was released.

More details on the SB Radio:

http://www.logitechsqueezebox.com/products/squeezebox-radio.html

Confirms, amongst other features, that it is able to perform as an internet radio without a pc up and running with SqueezeCenter.  Has some othe cool features also such as color screen, nice product.