Two Years 25 Million Dollars - a legend continues?

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Two Years 25 Million Dollars - a legend continues?
« on: 18 Aug 2009, 10:49 pm »
In his press conference Brett Favre looks like he just finished mowing the lawn! But the coach says he has been practicing well.

What a media controversy!

twitch54

Re: Two Years 25 Million Dollars - a legend continues?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2009, 12:20 am »
Circus tents set-up all over this year .......Bflo (TO), Philly (Vick) and now in Minessotta with Favre. He really has turned himself into a media joke, I used to say I hope he dosen't get himself hurt, I honestly now couldn't care less. But I understand the Vikings situation...they have no real quarteback, been a dud frachise since moving indoors ( a few token post season wins but nothing to brag about)

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2009, 01:19 am »
Man, I didn't think Brett would do it. Talk about going to the Dark Side... :o  Joining the team that's Green Bay's biggest rival?
I can't wait to see if the Pack D respects him enough to overlook this, or if they manicure the turf with him.  :)

Ready for the Season,
Jerry

rydenfan

« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2009, 02:03 am »
If I were Minnesota I would just trade Arizona a 2nd round pick for Matt Leinart and have a QB for the future.

Favre has really becoming a laughing stock.

MaxCast

« Reply #4 on: 19 Aug 2009, 10:39 am »
Yeah, this is weird.  A year ago he was trying to get to Minnesota. He has it in for the Packer's mgmt and wants to beat them and prove them wrong.  Most of the time it is a shame to see star athletes wonder between teams at the end of their career.  But then again, for 25 real big ones I'd wonder around and wouldn't care too much what people thought.  :?

Big Red Machine

« Reply #5 on: 19 Aug 2009, 11:09 am »
I hated Favre as a pack-it-in.  Not sure I can get behind him - ha.

Bring back Tarkenton:

Wayner

« Reply #6 on: 19 Aug 2009, 11:38 am »
I glad he's here. He is a classy guy and just the missing piece needed for the Vikings. I think this proves what playing level is at the NFL. Rose Bowl quarterbacks fade after only a couple of seasons. Teams are desperate for QB's.

Wayner  8)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #7 on: 20 Aug 2009, 03:41 am »
I wonder if they will have a Love Boat party for Brett Favre now that he's arrived..... :scratch:   :? :lol:

Lyndon

« Reply #8 on: 20 Aug 2009, 04:57 am »
Now darn it, Chris! You bring up memories of a classic 70's TV show, and then I remember what you are really talking about.
Time to have a drink at the bar. Isaac, pour me a double!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #9 on: 20 Aug 2009, 05:02 am »
Good one Lyndon.... :beer:

I am a little surprised that Rob Babcock has not posted here yet....he was the one that mentioned their past boat trip... :shake:

Lyndon

« Reply #10 on: 20 Aug 2009, 05:19 am »
No kidding, Chris.  I thought Rob had some kind of Viking version of Blue Tooth to alert him of any comments concerning his beloved team.
Big Red Machine mentioned Tark, but I never liked Francis.  Just a pussy footin' scrambler with his short, deadly passes.
My favorite Viking QB was Joe Kapp, the toughest Chicano.
I am so old, I remember this game, on B&W broadcast. Whoops, it was broadcast in color, but my family still had a B&W set in the kitchen, and a god awful Muntz Color TV (labeled the RCA gutless wonder) in the living room. :o
The following week Minnesota hosted the Cleveland Browns for the NFL championship. The winner would go on to play the AFL champion in the Super Bowl. The game was played in frigid temperatures and Joe put the Vikings ahead early. Deep in Cleveland territory he tried to hand off to fullback Bill Brown. Brown and Kapp collided and Joe spun away from Brown, tucked the ball under his arm and blasted through the Cleveland defense and into the end zone. Shortly afterwards Joe was involved in a play that had football fans everywhere talking. Joe dropped back to pass and could not find an open receiver. He roared up the middle where Cleveland's tough, veteran linebacker Jim Houston was waiting. Houston moved in for the hit and Joe seemed to run right over him and knocked him out cold. The Cleveland defence seemed to sag at the sight of Houston lying on the field unmoving and fans were awestruck. Never before had they seen a quarterback knock a linebacker out of a game! Joe looks back at that play with a smile; "On that particular play I take no credit for anything but luck. I put all my moves on him - both of them - and he didn't go for them. Houston was going to kill me! His jaw ran into my knee and knocked him out cold. It just shows God loves QB's more than linebackers." Maybe it was luck but regardless, Cleveland was beaten. The final score was 27-7 for the Vikings and it was now off to the Super Bowl!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 20 Aug 2009, 09:03 am »
Bwahahah!  I've been biding my time! :lol: 8)

But I've been dying to post this- got it sent to me many years ago.  Seemed like a good gag, who knew it would come true! :o:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 20 Aug 2009, 09:06 am »
BTW, before getting Favre they had two career losers: T-Jerk couldn't knock Fran off his Easy-Rider and Rosenfeldt, who wasn't good enough to anchor 3rd string for the Fins.  Maybe Bretts only a shadow of what he used to be but 75% of Favre is better than 100% of the scrubs they have behind him. :lol:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 20 Aug 2009, 09:07 am »
Man, I didn't think Brett would do it. Talk about going to the Dark Side... :o  Joining the team that's Green Bay's biggest rival?
I can't wait to see if the Pack D respects him enough to overlook this, or if they manicure the turf with him.  :)

Ready for the Season,
Jerry

Lookin' forward to Oct 4th! 8)

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #14 on: 20 Aug 2009, 09:08 am »
No kidding, Chris.  I thought Rob had some kind of Viking version of Blue Tooth to alert him of any comments concerning his beloved team.
Big Red Machine mentioned Tark, but I never liked Francis.  Just a pussy footin' scrambler with his short, deadly passes.

Don't be dissin' Fran! :nono:  He's gonna back up Favre! :lol:

sts9fan

« Reply #15 on: 20 Aug 2009, 12:52 pm »
This shirt is classic