Offramp 3 and Polestar owner

slee

Offramp 3 and Polestar owner
« on: 17 Aug 2009, 04:19 am »
Hi, everyone.  I'm a new Offramp owner, Steve's instruction states that the Offramp should be powered up then the usb cable installed.  Locus instructs the opposite, install the cable while the Offramp is off.  How do you owners do it?  Thanks, Steve.

cryoparts

Re: Offramp 3 and Polestar owner
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2009, 07:33 am »
Hi, everyone.  I'm a new Offramp owner, Steve's instruction states that the Offramp should be powered up then the usb cable installed.  Locus instructs the opposite, install the cable while the Offramp is off.  How do you owners do it?  Thanks, Steve.

Go with what Steve recommends for his gear.  It is very well designed and will be OK, if he says to do it that way.

Peace,

Lee

Paul Hynes

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.paulhynesdesign.com
« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2009, 06:22 pm »
Steve,

I have two SR3 power supply customers that have mentioned problems with startup on the Off Ramp. They have to power the Off Ramp before energising the computer. The SR3 has a slow run up to full voltage. Is this likely to cause boot-up problems. I can speed the run-up if this will help.

Regards
Paul

slee

« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2009, 08:01 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I also noticed that even when my computer is off, the green and red lights are still lit.  Is it ok to keep it powered or do you all power down when not using it for a while?

audioengr

« Reply #4 on: 17 Aug 2009, 08:28 pm »
Steve,

I have two SR3 power supply customers that have mentioned problems with startup on the Off Ramp. They have to power the Off Ramp before energising the computer. The SR3 has a slow run up to full voltage. Is this likely to cause boot-up problems. I can speed the run-up if this will help.

Regards
Paul

A very slow ramp of the 12VDC might cause problems. The Off-Ramp resets quickly and needs to have 12VDC or the EEPROM will not load properly.

Steve N.

audioengr

« Reply #5 on: 17 Aug 2009, 08:29 pm »
Thanks for the info.  I also noticed that even when my computer is off, the green and red lights are still lit.  Is it ok to keep it powered or do you all power down when not using it for a while?

I leave mine powered up all the time.

Steve N.

cryoparts

« Reply #6 on: 17 Aug 2009, 09:22 pm »

I leave mine powered up all the time.

Steve N.

FWIW, I leave mine powered up all the time too.

Peace,

Lee

Paul Hynes

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.paulhynesdesign.com
« Reply #7 on: 18 Aug 2009, 11:10 am »
Thanks Steve,

How quickly should the full supply voltage be available.

Regards
Paul

audioengr

« Reply #8 on: 18 Aug 2009, 05:27 pm »
Thanks Steve,

How quickly should the full supply voltage be available.

Regards
Paul

The reset time is around 10msec right now.  I have one customer that has changed this to 100msec with his Off-Ramp I2S and it's evidently working.

Steve N.