Teres base construction

JohnR

Teres base construction
« on: 20 Jan 2003, 04:10 am »
Finally! I started making the base for my Teres. After a couple of false design starts, I finally came up with something simple. Here's the base as it is now:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;user=3

Here's how it will look with the platter on it.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;user=3

:mrgreen:

mgalusha

Teres base construction
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2003, 04:14 am »
Looks very nice John. What kind of wood are you using? What kind of arm are you planning on?

Keep us posted.

mike

JoshK

Teres base construction
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2003, 06:24 am »
looks like that is going to work quite well.  I will reiterate the previous questions and add where did you get the wood.  I am looking to do something similar in building a base that is, but probably a different design.

nathanm

Teres base construction
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2003, 05:04 pm »
And it doubles as a chopping block when you're not spinning the vinyl! :)   Those Teres tables are quite impressive.  It's interesting to see all the different designs people come up with.  I don't think I've seen one I didn't like.  Good luck with the 'wooden Star Destroyer' JohnR! :wink:

JohnR

Teres base construction
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2003, 03:15 am »
Heh, nathan got it... my base is painstakingly hewn from...  a chopping block :-). Hey, it's wood, right?

Don't know what kind of wood it is, probably something terribly un-PC. At any rate, this is not likely to be the last base I make for it.

Hopefully I'll get the armboard done next weekend.

JohnR

Teres base construction
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2003, 03:15 am »
Oh I have the Espressimo arm

JohnR

Teres base construction
« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2003, 08:12 am »
Didn't get much DIY done this weekend :-(

But I did fashion an armboard of sorts :D. It's not mounted yet, I'll need to drill it and the mounting hole in the base during the week.

Anyone have any ideas for feet?

JohnR