Mods for Aksa or anthing else.

Oz_Audio

« on: 29 Dec 2003, 08:59 am »
I've been reading with interest the various discussions on mods for the various Aksa products.

One thing that has come through is the modders belief that their particular mod makes the product "Better".

As one of Hughs original Beta Testers for the GK1, I have and still am changing things as Hugh and others suggest.  I listen for a few weeks or months then change back to check the old parts.  But I keep comimg back to the original bits and try again from there.  

All the changes have made the sound different, not better.  My listening objective is image, if I can pinpoint an instument or singer in the sound stage, or hear the different position of a casternet as the player changes from forward hit to backhand hit, I am in heaven and the original specs seem to keep doing this.

Just my "End of Year Thought"

Mark

:mrgreen:

mb

« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2003, 09:54 am »
A very good point.

I try to be fairly open to reversing mods and component swaps on most of my gear, provided I have viable alternate components, and/or the swap is not too much of a hassle physically (removal of too many other parts). In fact, at one stage of tweaking my dac, the 'failure' rate was well above 50%, ie. more than 50% of the component swaps were reversed, or re-swapped with other components. I tend NOT to trust my own mods unless they are verified on several systems, and by several pairs of ears. :wink: