"Nothing but the Truth"

Bigfish

"Nothing but the Truth"
« on: 5 Aug 2009, 12:49 am »
I watched "Nothing but the Truth" last night with my wife.  The movie stars Kate Beckinsale, Alan Alda and Matt Dillon.  My wife and I really liked the movie and both found ourselves agreeing with the defense and with the prosecuter.  It is really a thought provoking movie.  I will give this one 3.75 stars out of 5!  If you chose to watch it don't give up on it as you will understand her stance at the very end.

Ken

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
Re: "Nothing but the Truth"
« Reply #1 on: 5 Aug 2009, 12:45 pm »
I saw this one about a month ago and enjoyed watching it.  A solid rental.

I'm noticing more and more straight to DVD releases of movies with good actors onboard that a solid films.  I guess the audience and economics of releasing films to theaters has changed.  Maybe if it's coming from the big studios unless you have something easily marketable, easily consumed or figures to makes $50 million+ it makes more financial sense to go direct to DVD. 

Actually, I'd be interested to know how that process works.  I imagine there's only so many movies that are can be released to the big screen in a year and the industry has to pick and choose.

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
Re: "Nothing but the Truth"
« Reply #2 on: 7 Aug 2009, 02:55 pm »
Another solid and interesting direct to DVD movie featuring a well known cast is "Crossing Over" starring Harrison Ford, Ashley Judd & Ray Liotta.