Bolder IPOD cables??

davehg

• http://musicserver.blogspot.com
Bolder IPOD cables??
« on: 29 Dec 2003, 06:58 am »
Hey Wayne, I surprised the missus this year with an Apple IPOD. To hook it up to my hifi, I need a 1/8" stereo jack to stereo RCA's. Apple offers a cable by Monster Cable, but I thought I'd try you first. Any chance you can rig up some old type 1 cable for a better sounding connector?

-Dave in Seattle

bubba966

Bolder IPOD cables??
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2003, 07:25 am »
Wayne,

I was also wondering the same thing. I know you've got M-80 "iPod cables", but is it possible to get them made up with that Type 1 cable you've got left.

Not that I've got an iPod, or anything else I'd need such a cable for at the moment. But I do have plenty of friend that could use such a cable.

Wayne1

Bolder IPOD cables??
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2003, 08:02 pm »
Thanks for thinking of me, guys.

The 1/8" stereo connector I use is the Canare F-12. It will not allow two runs of the Belden 89259 through it without some modification.

The cable itself is fairly stiff. It does not bend easy. For something as small and as light as an iPod it may be too much.

With all those caveats out of the way, I can build such a cable with the 89259. I do not have a lot of it left.

Let me know what lengths you might be interestesd in and I can add it to the website for the next couple of days.

Wayne1

Bolder IPOD cables??
« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2003, 11:12 pm »
I do have a demo 1/2 meter length of M-80 stereo mini plug to RCA cable.

If anyone is interested in it, I will let it go for $80.00 including shipping in the US. Paypal accepted :D

bubba966

Bolder IPOD cables??
« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2003, 01:05 am »
Quote from: Wayne1
Let me know what lengths you might be interestesd in and I can add it to the website for the next couple of days.

Uhh, maybe somewhere around 1.5m-2m?

Hmm, almost out of 89259 huh? Have been thinking about getting a Type 1 for TV>Receiver use for the occasions when I actually watch cable.

Guess I should hurry up and make a decision, huh?... :lol:

Wayne1

Bolder IPOD cables??
« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2003, 04:55 pm »
I added the "iPod" Stereo mini to Bullet Plugs to the website. The picture on the site is of the Cardas RCAs. Sorry :oops:

I am getting quite a few orders now that the sale is almost over. I will be backed up for the first couple of weeks of January getting the cables built.

I do have a couple of mods to finish, as well. Please be patient.

Thanks!