Which USB port to use...

dave clark

• www.positive-feedback.com
Which USB port to use...
« on: 4 Aug 2009, 03:07 am »
Okay, I tossed in the towel and went with a new-ish Macbook as no one was able to offer a fix that would address the USB issue I was having ...well except Apple for $$$ to replace the motherboard. The one I bought is not the Pro version, but it does have the aluminum body so it looks like the current Pro, has the bus speed of the current Pro, but is more like the older Macbook in terms of processing (2.4). It does have two USB ports like my older Macbook, but both are used by something whereas on my older one the front or right one was only used by my audio related USB device. I did read Chris Connaker's comments that on his, the right one on his Mac Pro is the one to use as it is not shared with the keyboard and touch pad, but on mine it is the opposite. The front right one is shared with the keyboard and touch pad and the left or rear one on mine is shared with a Bluetooth USB Host Controller. Since I am not using any Bluetooth devices in my home (and have turned that feature off on the Mac) it would seem that the rear left one is the way to go. Thoughts?

sl_1800

Re: Which USB port to use...
« Reply #1 on: 4 Aug 2009, 11:28 pm »
I use the rear port as the front one causes drop outs.