Bill O'Connell - Don't Leave Us Hanging!

nature boy

« on: 28 Dec 2003, 05:48 pm »
Hi Bill,

On behalf of my fellow AC'ers, could you provide us a little more information on Alex Yeung's new Eastern Electric CDP?  I know you are probably busy getting ready for CES, but any information would be greatly appreciated including the following:

- transport mechanism used?
- does CDP utilize op amps?  If so which ones?
- oversampling?
- which D/A chips are employed?
- any additional tidbits on the design that might be ok to discuss?

I personally won't be able to make it out to Las Vegas to this years CES, if you or the Two Bald Guys could post a high quality digital picture on the web-site or in the Audio Circle gallery, it would be greatly appreciated.

Now to find some $ after the holidays.  :xmas:

NB

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jan 2004, 06:42 pm »
NB...just found this...  http://www.eeaudio.com/  ...click the CDP for info. :)

jackman

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jan 2004, 07:23 pm »
Hi,
When will Holm Audio get their sample?  I believe they are listed as a dealer on the site.

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
« Reply #3 on: 5 Jan 2004, 09:18 pm »
The MiniMax Tube CD Player is not due to arrive until the 1st of Feb 2004. As soon as they arrive I will ship them to our Eastern Electric dealers.
 I'm hoping to expand our dealer network with showing at CES this week. We will have the CD Player, amplifier and Preamp at The Show. St. Tropez, Room 2001, Two Bald Guys Audio.
  Thank you for your support and we hope to see you at The Show.
Kindest Regards,
 Bill

nature boy

« Reply #4 on: 6 Jan 2004, 02:14 pm »
Wolfy,

Thanks for letting me know that EE has posted some information about the new CDP on its website.  Looks like a February audition will be in order.

Bill,

Good luck expanding your dealer network at CES.  I encouraged Larry Weinstein of Hollywood Sound to give your expanded line up additional consideration.

NB