MLB trade deadline predictions?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
MLB trade deadline predictions?
« on: 28 Jul 2009, 01:30 pm »
Roy Halladay: Phillies?
Cliff Lee/Victor Martinez:  Dodgers?
Adrian Gonzalez/(Peavy :o?):  Red Sox?
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2009, 06:29 pm by woodsyi »

twitch54

Re: MLB trade deadline predictions?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2009, 02:36 pm »

while I've got my fingers crossed I am a little nervous for all we would have to give up, but if we do get him, barring any injuries, flukes, etc.......who can beat those...."Fightin' Phillies"  !!!

droht

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jul 2009, 02:54 pm »

while I've got my fingers crossed I am a little nervous for all we would have to give up, but if we do get him, barring any injuries, flukes, etc.......who can beat those...."Fightin' Phillies"  !!!

I agree about hating to give up lots of top prospects, but you can't help but think that a repeat is a very real possibility with Roy, and maybe even a three-peat.

Scottdazzle

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jul 2009, 03:52 pm »
I hope the lowly Nats (my team, yay!) trade Adam Dunn to an AL team that needs 40+ homers a year for some decent relief pitching and a second-baseman who can actually play the position. Dunn is a liability with a glove at any position but can hit the ball a mile. The Nats can sacrifice the bat for some players who can catch and throw. The Nats have played 20 or so sorry relievers and middle-infielders this year. It has been an awful season full of minor-league quality pitching and defense. :evil:

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #4 on: 28 Jul 2009, 04:59 pm »
Cliff Lee/Victor Marinez:  Dodgers?
Adrian Gonzalez/(Peavy :o?):  Red Sox?

None of the above.

I think it will be rather uneventful.

George

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 28 Jul 2009, 05:07 pm »
I don't know George.  The Yankees already shot their wad this past off-season.   Since they are in first place, I don't think they will go after top guys but I have been reading about Bronson Arroyo.  And don't you still need an outfielder?

I think at least 2 out of 4 of that group moves by the weekend.   

zybar

• Facilitator
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jul 2009, 05:10 pm »
I don't know George.  The Yankees already shot their wad this past off-season.   Since they are in first place, I don't think they will go after top guys but I have been reading about Bronson Arroyo.  And don't you still need an outfielder?

I think at least 2 out of 4 of that group moves by the weekend.

A 4th or 5th outfielder or Bronson is what I consider "uneventful".  :-)

I don't see either Padre moving.

Halladay is 50-50 at best.  The Jays need to lower their demands to move him.

I don't think Cliff Lee goes anywhere, but Martinez "could" go if the Indians are willing to lower their asking price.

George

twitch54

« Reply #7 on: 28 Jul 2009, 05:22 pm »
I agree about hating to give up lots of top prospects, but you can't help but think that a repeat is a very real possibility with Roy, and maybe even a three-peat.

Agreed, our lineup is as good or better than any team in baseball and the addition of Halladay would further cement the pitching staff.

rydenfan

« Reply #8 on: 28 Jul 2009, 11:06 pm »
I think nothing will really happen. The Blue Jays will not find an offer as they are looking for too much and Cleveland will not let Cliff Lee go and have no ace for '10. I would say the big winner over the last few weeks has been the Cardinals. Adding DeRosa, Holliday, and Lugo is a pretty big improvement to an already strong team.

However, if I were the Phillies I would give the Blue Jays whatever prospects they wanted for Halladay. The odds that Drabek and their young outfielder with both be stars is a slim chance. Halladay is a proven dominant player and to me that is worth far more than the possibility that a player may be great. That being said, as a Mets fan, the last thing I want to see is Halladay in a Phillies uniform.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 29 Jul 2009, 06:11 pm »

rydenfan

« Reply #10 on: 29 Jul 2009, 06:12 pm »
Cliff Lee and Ben Francisco go to the Phillies and the Phils  do not give up any of their top prospects! Unbelievable! I cannot believe Cleveland went for this  :scratch:

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #11 on: 29 Jul 2009, 06:25 pm »
Our local sports talk radio gets going at 3pm, after Jim Rome (other staions are jerks).  The sh&t storm will begin!!  Drabek not included!!!??  No real top ten prospects??!!  WTF.  We all pray to God that the Dolans will sell to someone who will step up and play.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 29 Jul 2009, 06:28 pm »
It ain't over yet, Ted.  No need to keep V-Mart without Lee.

sts9fan

« Reply #13 on: 29 Jul 2009, 07:07 pm »
Something good could happen...I hope

twitch54

« Reply #14 on: 30 Jul 2009, 04:54 pm »

It did !! .....Thank you Cleveland !!!!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #15 on: 31 Jul 2009, 06:48 pm »
V-Mart = J. Masterson, N. Hagadone & B. Price.  :o
Yahoo confirms.

twitch54

« Reply #16 on: 1 Aug 2009, 11:32 am »

It did !! .....Thank you Cleveland !!!!

And again I say....Thank You Cleveland !!! How 'bout that "General Lee" he doubled his major leauge hit totall in just ONE game with the Phillies ! the man hits a single and a double.....oh yeah and pitches a complete game allowing only one run !