Holy Smoke

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
Holy Smoke
« on: 27 Dec 2003, 07:59 am »
Are you guys in for a treat!  I just picked up from customs a couple of our Eastern Electric Tube CD Players that we will be showing at the St. Tropez ,Room 2001 with The Two Bald Guys Audio. Coupled with our new MiniMax Amplifier and MiniMax tube preamp. WOW!!! I'm not kidding!! Be prepared to be shocked with utter amazement. I don't mean this to sound like an ad but I could not be more thrilled to bring this combination to The Show.CES
  If Alex Yeung of Eastern Electric doesn't win an award for Designer of the Year in 2004 something is wrong. These 3 products together are absolutely phenomenal.
 Mark my words, in the next few months I'm not the only person who will be making this statement.
 To the future of musical reproduction, It is Here!!

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Holy Smoke
« Reply #1 on: 27 Dec 2003, 01:37 pm »
Bill, Sounds like great news, good luck with it ! Is there a phono stage in the works too ? Thanks ! :)

Marbles

Holy Smoke
« Reply #2 on: 27 Dec 2003, 02:50 pm »
Good Morning Bill

I couldn't find any info on theses CDP's on your website.

Can you tell us anything about them?  How much will they be?

Thanks

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
Eastern Electric Tube CD Player
« Reply #3 on: 27 Dec 2003, 04:11 pm »
There will be some information posted soon on our website. The first shipment is waiting for a vessel to load on to bring to the states. As soon as they clear customs they will be sent out to our network of dealers. Figure about 4 weeks. We had to air ship the first couple of units in to make sure we could show them at CES. With the heightened state of security, customs I was told would take a little longer. We're joyous that they have arrived.
 The CD Player has a pair of 6DJ8/6922 tubes for its analog output which sounds so silky smooth yet extended at the frequency extremes.They will retail for $1350. We're trying to bring affordable high-end to the marketplace for the folks that maybe don't have such deep pockets but will still budget for that exceptional audio product. If I may be so bold, This is that product!
 I'm just so darn excited about the potential for this. If you are currently unhappy with your digital front end or think that your turntable and spinning vinyl is the only way to listen to music as digital just doesn't sound like music, be prepared to have your preception altered.
Kindest Regards,
 Bill

nature boy

Holy Smoke
« Reply #4 on: 27 Dec 2003, 05:09 pm »
Bill,

Congratulations.  Let me know if you will be offering a demo offer on the new Eastern Electric tube CDP's to Audio Circle members.  Looks like its time for a digital front end upgrade :D

NB

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Holy Smoke
« Reply #5 on: 27 Dec 2003, 09:50 pm »
If there is any possible audition of this tube CDP down the road after the CES, I want in on it. :o I've been looking for an excuse to replace my $300 Sony all tho a multi-format was more in the line of what I was hoping for. SACD is so much better than CD. But I have CD now and would love to give this tube player a listen with my Butler tube hybrid amps. My Lorelei's cry for a source upgrade. :mrgreen: Regards, Robin

audiojerry

Holy Smoke
« Reply #6 on: 27 Dec 2003, 11:52 pm »
Great, Mr. Generosity, so when are you sending out samples?  :wink:

Bill O'Connell

• Industry Participant
  • Retired . Music Lover
Holy Smoke
« Reply #7 on: 28 Dec 2003, 06:59 am »
I'll let you know when the shipment arrives.
 Regards,
 Bill

Mad DOg

Re: Eastern Electric Tube CD Player
« Reply #8 on: 28 Dec 2003, 07:20 am »
Quote from: Bill O'Connell
...The CD Player has a pair of 6DJ8/6922 tubes for its analog output which sounds so silky smooth yet extended at the frequency extremes.They will retail for $1350. We're trying to bring affordable high-end to the marketplace for the folks that maybe don't have such deep pockets but will still budget for that exceptional audio product. If I may be so bold, This is that product!
I'm just so darn excited about the potential for this. If you are currently unhappy with your digital front end or think that your turntable and spinning vinyl is the only way to listen to music as digital just doesn't sound like music, be prepared to have your preception altered...
hello Bill,

this certainly sounds interesting indeed...i've been trying to convince John Casler that his Denon 2200 dvd player doesn't exactly cut it so maybe he'll actually believe me if you send this out for him to try in his system and it sounds as good as you say it is!  :)

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Holy Smoke
« Reply #9 on: 28 Dec 2003, 09:54 am »
Hello Bill,
    I'd like a shot at that player too. My CDP is getting a little "long in the tooth" :lol: . Your MiniMax now has about 70 hours on it. Sounding sweet !! Nice pre-amp, lots of "air" around the instruments , smooth..... I like it. I have it paired with my Scott Nixon Mono amps. Tomorrow , I'll pair it with my Krell amp and compare results in the sound. I like the balance of a SS amp and a Tube  pre-amp. Thanks again for your home auditions !! :thumb: [/list:u]