The Open/Watson

mgalusha

The Open/Watson
« on: 18 Jul 2009, 07:41 pm »
Pretty cool to see Tom Watson playing so well at The Open Championship. No idea if he can hold it together tomorrow but what a ride so far.  :thumb:

pjchappy

Re: The Open/Watson
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jul 2009, 09:11 pm »
He's been great to watch.  Crazy. . .hip replacement last November. . .59 years old. . .and a 1 stroke lead.  I hope he can pull it off.

And how about Tiger missing the cut!?!?

arthurs

« Reply #2 on: 18 Jul 2009, 09:20 pm »
Don't you guys know not to jinx Tom by talking about it?   :lol:

It will be a story for the ages if he can pull this off...I hope he does  :thumb:

mgalusha

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2009, 09:29 pm »
Then he's screwed since the TV guys can talk of little else. I'd love to see him pull this off.

Don't you guys know not to jinx Tom by talking about it?   :lol:

pjchappy

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jul 2009, 05:54 pm »
Watson had a little bit of the yips on 18, dangit.

Down one after the 1st playoff hole.  I really hope a fellow KC boy pulls it off!!!!    :thumb:

mgalusha

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jul 2009, 06:26 pm »
Not looking so good right now. Still, heck of a good show.

drphoto

« Reply #6 on: 19 Jul 2009, 09:32 pm »
Damn! After Rocco in the US Open, Kenny in the Masters, I hoping the miracle would finally happen. It looked like he was fighting back tears on that last playoff hole when it was clear it was over......and I was almost there with him.

Still, one hell of a performance.

Ya gotta give Cink credit. He earned it in regulation w/ a heck of a 2nd on the 18th and a clutch putt.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: 20 Jul 2009, 01:31 am »
Bravo Mr Watson & Mr Cink   :thumb: Two gentlemen of class & distinction.

Heck it's all I can do to to play two rounds, a day apart once a week, when possible, with a cart. They play 4 straight, & walk it. Of course they don't have to tote the bag, so that helps. And I seem to remember having so much more energy 6 months ago when I was still 59, yeah that's it. Well Tom will just have to come back & do it again next year for us 60 yr young folks.   8)