roll up absorber

Regalma

roll up absorber
« on: 17 Jul 2009, 05:48 pm »
I have 67" TV sitting between my speakers. I would like to put some absorber over the TV screen when listening to music. I am looking at using something that can be rolled up. I would attach it along the top of the TV and when watching TV I could roll it up and let the roll sit on some brackets mounted to the back of the TV, out of sight. This is a rear projection set so there is room back there. Does anyone have any suggestions for something like this? A heavy tapestry would seem to fit the bill but I would like to know what others have tried. Of course it should look good since it will figure very prominently in my living room. No WAF, but I'm not without some sense of aesthetics.

BobM

Re: roll up absorber
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2009, 06:12 pm »
The simple and easy solution is to get a Mexican blanket, or a small art quilt or any padded thing and throw it over the TV to cut back on the high frequency reflections. The more bulk you can put over it the better, since it will reflect less of the waveform if it is thicker rather than thinner. Also move is back a bit behind the front plane of the speakers.

How about one of the new style art panels on a moveable stand placed in front of the TV? Or maybe even a diffuser panel (not sire about this one, but I'm sure the experts will chime in).

Bob

bluemike

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2009, 06:18 pm »
I use a thick heavy wool blanket to cover my televison (36 inch tubed tv) when listening to music
It works quite well  :thumb:

Regalma

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2009, 02:14 am »
Thanks for the suggestions. They got me started on looking for a thick Southwestern Indian blanket. I found some nice ones. I wonder if I padded them out by adding some absorber behind them. Again it would have to be rollable. Maybe an inch or so thick. Any ideas?

Browntrout

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jul 2009, 10:13 pm »
Hello if you Google search for acoustic blankets there are lots of comapanies making such things. Hope this helps. :thumb: