Replacing my Theta Miles, is there anything better for this$

G-7

I would like to hear from someone who knows this CDplayer and who can compare it with something better in Miles's price category. Sound first please , I don't need any bells nor whistles.

JoshK

« Reply #1 on: 20 Jan 2003, 02:44 am »
I don't think there are any members here (regular that is) that has ever had a Theta miles.   What is it price range, at what about it are you trying to better?  This might help us in making recommends in our own assessment.

G-7

Theta Miles
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2003, 10:03 pm »
Price range is around $ 2100 single ended and $ 2,600 with balanced outputs.
Of cource it's excellent CDplayer I liked the sound so far but looking for something better or I would say different. Ones, one gets tired of everything , you know. I'm not quite sure if I can get something good sounding like this for this money. I like pure analytical "detailed" sound, so I can gain maximum possible from the disc ,don't need bells nor whistles, just a f**** good sounding machine.
Does anyone have experience with Wadia??

audioengr

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2003, 10:06 pm »
One of my dealers just replaced his Wadia with a Sony DVP-S9000ES.  This is the older version and he says it still sounds better than the Wadia.  I would imagine that the new Sony 999 would smoke most CDP's.