The loss of Chinese Hi-Fi industry

Rachel @ Grant Fidelity

The loss of Chinese Hi-Fi industry
« on: 10 Jul 2009, 09:03 am »
Today is the opening of our forum but it is also a very shocking day for me, as someone who is closely connected to the Chinese Hi-Fi industry through distribution for a few top Chinese brands which are known to North American as well.

Jungson Audio:

When a contact of mine in the USA asked me about rumor of Jungson Audio being bought out by other parties, I picked up the phone to chat with my contacts at Jungson to find out the truth. The news I got was devastating and shocking - although Jungson Audio has been business as usual for the past few months and even with me contacting them on daily basis, I didn't even notice any changes. However, today I has just been told that one of the founders of Jungson Audio, Mr. Huang Shuxiang, passed away 3 months ago in a high way car accident. He is not even 50 years old yet and full ambition and talents.

On one of his business trip, Mr. Huang's vehicle was stopping for emergency repairs along the side of the highway but was struck by a coming truck, then his car hit himself while he was standing beside the vehicle waiting for help. Although signs had been put over 200 ft behind his vehicle, the truck still struck into his car and took his life. His long time business partner was driving up to pick him up when he phoned for help and they saw him and his vehicle on the highway. But while the helping party turned around on the highway to pick him up from the emergency stop, in less than 2 minutes his life has been taken by the coming truck. What a tragedy and loss. Life is fragile beyond my words can express.

Jungson Audio has been the most prestige Hi-Fi manufacturer in China since 1990s. Mr. Huang and his business partner started the company from nothing to today's the world's very few companies which produce full line of audio products from the wall out. I met Mr. Huang in last December and he and his business partner were so excited about their new premises and bringing the brand to North America with us. In 3 months, he has left all these behind and gone to heaven . What a loss! For those who don't know much about Jungson, here is a picture of their legendary metered line of amplifiers:

Here is our dinner picture with Jungson's owners last December. The gentleman on the right is Mr. Huang. His employees said he never took a Saturday and Sunday off in the past few years, always work around the business and provide vision to the company. He started as a professor at a college teaching electronics engineering and then started Jungson with his business partner (then was his student) together in 1993.

A true loss to Jungson Audio and even the entire Chinese audio industry, as no one has come even close to his vision, ambition and dedication to the love of audio. He was such a humble man, even his net worth could be millions, he dress and spoke like a nice next door neighbour guy.

TJ Full Music

Same day I phoned TJ Full Music to re-order my TJ 12AX7 tubes which were sold out during our July 4th sales event. I was expecting the cheerful voice of Mr. Liu Qiang, the Sales Manager and the son of the 76 years of old owner of TJ, to chat with me with his unique Beijinger's accent. I spent over 12 years in Beijing so the accent sound very heart-warming to me since I have been in Canada for 8 years. Shockingly, I was told by the 76-year-old father, founder of TJ Full Music, that Mr. Liu Qiang has passed away a month ago due to heart attack. His is just in his early 40s and left behind a young son under 10 years old and his wife. This is the 2nd shock I had in about less than a hour since I knew of Jungson's loss of its founder.

TJ Full Music, together with Shuguang, are China's two hi-fi vacuum tube manufacturers today. The company was set up by Mr. Liu (senior) 10 years ago through buying out Beijing Tube Factory's equipment and hire back many old technicians to rebuilt the equipment and has developed the well known Full Music mesh plate 300B tubes. Mr. Liu (senior) told me that although he is in his late 70s, he will continue to build TJ Full Music and finish his son's ambition and wishes. TJ Full Music has just expanded into its second facility last year and will bring out new 6SN7 and 6SL7 tubes this year.

I still remember Mr. Liu Qiang's laughter with us while I visited TJ Full Music. He is such a humorous and happy guy and his laughter will affect everyone around him and bring smiles to everyone's face. He will be truly missed by many people in the industry and by me, although I only met him once last December.

The gentleman to the right is the late Mr. Liu Qiang (junior). The one to the left is his father, Mr. Liu (senior) who founded TJ Full Music.

May both of them rest in peace in heaven with great music they have brought to us through their amazing products. May their creation and legacy continue through the world of Hi-Fi without border.

Today is the saddest day of my life since my own mother passed away 12 years ago. It just struck me again that life is so short and full of unexpected. Do cherish those around you when you can, and keep the great music playing.....

- by Rachel @ Grant Fidelity, in memory of two talented music lovers, enterpreneurs and great friends.

richidoo

Re: The loss of Chinese Hi-Fi industry
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jul 2009, 10:01 am »
Sorry for your lost friends Rachel. Life is precious.
Rich

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2009, 09:37 pm »
Real tragedies and cruel reminders of how temporary we all are. May those fine gentlemen rest in peace.

Bemopti123

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2009, 11:15 pm »
Wherever they are will have one thing in common, great music.