persisting1

Re: LS9 Build
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jul 2009, 05:11 am »
Nickd,

What weighted vinyl did you use?

nickd

« Reply #21 on: 14 Jul 2009, 11:52 pm »
Well The LS9's are starting to "break in" The bass just keeps getting better. I am starting to hear some 20hz bumps and thuds there were not there a few days ago. It's amazing how much recording engineers miss using small monitors to master. I have pllayed around with toe in a bit and like where things are going. The Neo 8's do take some time to break in apparently as sax and female voice are better now than the first few hours.

I installed some ballanced silver cables between My Dodson DAC and the Parasound JC2 brought a little more light to the lower mids with out "over-cooking" the top end. Did i mention how much I love this version of the neo8 :thumb:

I'm also looking to try some different speaker wire. The Audio Quest Midnight might be voiced a little smooth for the LS9 I think somthing from XLO might be more true to life. I would appricate any feedback from LS9 owners as to what works well?

I was also heart broken to hear from all of you who lost money with MS and seem to be waiting in vain for this really cool loudspeaker. With the LS9 programed into the CNC, I could build a few more pairs without much fuss. But I can't help get your money back. :cry:

arthurs

« Reply #22 on: 15 Jul 2009, 12:43 am »
I use DCCA Passion Masters on my 9's, a very thick and not too flexible cable with 2 separate runs for +/- on each side, but it sounds glorious.  I also keep some Element Signtaure Matadors around for when I want things a little smoother. Reality Cables sounded very good on them for a more budget minded alternative.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new speakers, they will continue to improve over time, I swear mine had continued improvement for several hundred hours....did you do platinum bypass caps in the networks?  Another nice addition to bring out some inner detail and add a bit of air on the top end.

laserman

• Ambiguous-Optimist
« Reply #23 on: 15 Jul 2009, 03:26 pm »
Great looking job on the build and I too wish someday I will be able to have the tools, build area, and patience to build a pair of speakers.

I was also heart broken to hear from all of you who lost money with MS and seem to be waiting in vain for this really cool loudspeaker. With the LS9 programed into the CNC, I could build a few more pairs without much fuss. But I can't help get your money back. :cry:

Your offer to provide this time savings service is a very selfless act.  It's people like you that make this a primary reason why I like hanging out at AC.  There are sooooooo many folks who go the extra mile to help a fellow audio enthusiast.  Thank for the act of kindness.

Lou

Hugh

• Industry Participant
    • Angel City Audio
« Reply #24 on: 15 Jul 2009, 04:03 pm »
Ditto what Lou said.  :)

KCI-JohnP

« Reply #25 on: 15 Jul 2009, 05:11 pm »

Nick,

Very kind of you Sir, so very very tempting. I didn't lose any $ to shifty though I did have a pair on order with him for a promised price of $4995. After almost two years of delays, many broken promises he canceled my order because I wouldn't send him a deposit on the LS-9's at a new increased price no less. But, I did pay in full though for a set of the CLS-9's back in 2007 though, still nothing... :cry:

Glad to see that you're enjoying your speakers so much, you did a fantastic job on them, they look beautiful!! :thumb: I bet they sound the same. Enjoy those babies.

Best,
John