A New World Record....68 Dogs !

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
A New World Record....68 Dogs !
« on: 5 Jul 2009, 05:49 am »
Results from the 4th. of July Nathan's hot dog eating contest held in Coney Island , N.Y.

This guy can eat.... :o

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/07/04/2009-07-04_nathans_.html

srb

Re: A New World Record....68 Dogs !
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2009, 06:18 am »
I caught a program on the Food Channel, and one of the restaurants was a burger place that claimed to have the world's biggest burgers, and had a few burger challenges.

One was a 6 pounder and the other was a 15 pounder.  However the challenger was given 3 hours / 4 hours to complete the task.

But 68 dogs in 10 minutes?  Holy s***!

I doubt the burger restaurant had any medical staff on premises, but I'm sure that the Nathan's competitions have paramedics standing by!

Steve

JohnR

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2009, 01:10 pm »
Apart from that being so disgusting in so many ways, are these actually the same "hotdogs" that you would get if you walked into one of their stores and bought one, or are they some miniature version?

chadh

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jul 2009, 01:55 pm »

Isn't this the culinary circle? Is this thread really appropriate?  Wouldn't it be better placed in a special interest circle dealing with waste disposal or self mutilation?

To address John's question, I believe these are standard issue hotdogs, probably of the "Nathan's" brand.  I think the trick is to swallow the hotdog itself whole, without chewing, and then  to dunk the bun into water so it can be gulped down easily too.  This should help if you want to start practising for next year.

Chad