Roddick In The Finals At Wimbledon

prokennex

Roddick In The Finals At Wimbledon
« on: 4 Jul 2009, 12:00 pm »
Andy Roodick seems to be playing some of his best tennis. He just over powered Murry in the semis, unfortunately Federer is playing top forum also.
I know Federer head to head has the advantage over Roddick but Roddick  has beaten Fed before just not very often.

rydenfan

Re: Roddick In The Finals At Wimbledon
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jul 2009, 02:39 pm »
Anyone else watching this match? What an incredible comeback for Roger in the 2nd set tiebreaker  :thumb:

Goosepond

• Virna!
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jul 2009, 05:18 pm »
Anyone else watching this match? What an incredible comeback for Roger in the 2nd set tiebreaker  :thumb:

I predict soon that the powers that be at Wimbledon will invoke that little known rule and declare this match a draw.  :thumb:

Gene

rydenfan

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jul 2009, 05:46 pm »
That would never happen.

What a match! over 7 sets worth of incredible tennis. Congrats to Roger on 15, truly incredible  :thumb:

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #4 on: 5 Jul 2009, 06:17 pm »
I wish that Roddick had won. :cry: I tired of the Federer/Nadal show. It would be great to have more competition at the very highest level. It was a great match. Roddick might have won if he had taken advantage of the 4  break points in the second set... I believe. Finally it looked as though he just lost a little concentration at the very end.

-Roy

rydenfan

« Reply #5 on: 5 Jul 2009, 06:36 pm »
Clearly letting 4 set points slip away n the 2nd set was very tough for Andy. Really though he only truly lost one of those points. Roger's serve was untouchable then. He had the unforced error of the backhand volley into the net. It is crazy that one shot can potentially decide an entire match but that is pretty much the case. He makes that shot, he wins the set and likely the match. Kudos to both though as it was an incredible match and certainly the best I have ever seen Andy play.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #6 on: 5 Jul 2009, 07:33 pm »
I thought that Andy's first serve became sporadic as the match wore on, whereas Roger's was very consistent throughout the match. It was amazing that Andy stayed in the match without nearly as many first serve aces as Roger. His backcourt game has improved substantially. :o

prokennex

« Reply #7 on: 5 Jul 2009, 07:55 pm »
It's a shame Andy did not win that second set tie break. I truely believe Andy would have won the match if only he had made that high backhand volley.
With a match this close that one shot can make all the difference.

Rocket

« Reply #8 on: 6 Jul 2009, 09:39 am »
Hi,

I feel for Andy Roddick coming up against one of the all time great players in the game.

It would have been great to see someone different win a grand slam for a change.

Regards

Rod

Mr Content

« Reply #9 on: 7 Jul 2009, 07:48 am »
I would have liked andy to win, it would be better for the game in general, but it was not to be. Good one Roger, again.

Mr c aa