CAOW1's Arrived Today

biz97

CAOW1's Arrived Today
« on: 3 Jul 2009, 07:34 pm »
We just got our CAOW1's from FedEx this morning. We didn't have much time to really set them up but I do have some quick impressions to share. The packaging was first rate and they arrived in perfect condition.  The finish is absolutely wonderful and the wife is very pleased  :thumb:.  I set them up and asked my wife to sit down, play a track, and tell me what she thought.  She chose Norah Jones' Come Away With Me.  When it started to play I saw a look of shock and surprise on her face.  When the song finished playing I asked her what she thought and she told me: "I feel like our other speakers lied to us.  There is so much more detail."  She went on to say a few more things but let's just say she was impressed.  These were running full range at the time and I plan to set up the subs later today. But it seems like so far so good.  Even though I haven't sat down to critically listen (I walked around to get an idea of how the speakers would sound out of the sweet spot and I was pleased with what I heard), the fact that they were able to get that kind of reaction from my wife is very promising.  A quick picture is below and we'll get more as we get everything settled in.  Thanks again to Jim and Dennis for a great product!  I also want to thank Nuance for his very detailed thread over at AVS.  You should start getting some referral points for your next set of Salks!  :green:

nyc_paramedic

Re: CAOW1's Arrived Today
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2009, 08:07 pm »
Very nice wood finish. 

Nice setup;  are those black panels Real Traps or GIK's?

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #2 on: 3 Jul 2009, 09:50 pm »
Very nice clean look with those.  I bet they image like mad and just disappear into the room.

Congrats

Bryan

biz97

« Reply #3 on: 3 Jul 2009, 10:13 pm »
Thanks!  I can't wait to get some more time in later today.  The panels are GIK.  They work great, easy to install, and the guys from GIK are always there to answer any questions and provide tips when you need them  :thumb:

Nuance

« Reply #4 on: 3 Jul 2009, 10:22 pm »
Congrats, biz97!  They look great in your cool, modern room.  Dual subs?  Oh yeah!  What model are they?

Impressing the wife is a hard task, especially when they don't listen to music as much as us.  Very cool. 

I look forward to seeing more pics and reading your impressions.  What a great 4th of July gift!   :thumb:

biz97

« Reply #5 on: 3 Jul 2009, 11:03 pm »
Congrats, biz97!  They look great in your cool, modern room.  Dual subs?  Oh yeah!  What model are they?

Impressing the wife is a hard task, especially when they don't listen to music as much as us.  Very cool. 

I look forward to seeing more pics and reading your impressions.  What a great 4th of July gift!   :thumb:

Thanks!  The subs are Rythmik F112 (direct from Rythmik since I like the non-gloss better).  Happy 4th  :green:

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #6 on: 4 Jul 2009, 01:51 am »
Great looking speakers and system (and nice thick absorption panels).   And we know that those speakers must sound very, very good.

Nuance

« Reply #7 on: 4 Jul 2009, 04:09 am »

Thanks!  The subs are Rythmik F112 (direct from Rythmik since I like the non-gloss better).  Happy 4th  :green:
Dual Rythmik 12's and those CAOW1's must sound spectacular in that room!  Good for you. 

Bring on some more pics, buddy!  :D

Happy 4th, all!

mpaulsen

« Reply #8 on: 7 Jul 2009, 05:59 am »
Nice looking speakers. What kind of wood are those finished in?