Input Selector Switch

BWentler

• In Christ, we are all saved!
Input Selector Switch
« on: 19 Jan 2003, 07:06 pm »
I would like to replace the input selector switch on my Melos MA-333 pre-amp with one that is better and am looking for suggestions and help.

The current switch is a 6 posistion in a (I think) 2x6 function.  :?

Looking at the Audio Asylum forums and found someone using Elma on a Joplin mod and DIY Cable sells the DACT switches.  As for the Elma I currently have open the Rotary Switch Type 04 products and having troubles translating the spec into a lanquage that I can understand.  Can someone provide help/guildence here also?

Just one last thing, were can I purchase Elma?  Their WEB site states that I can purchase their products there directly but in quanities greater than 10.  I would just be looking at one for the MA-333 and maybe (if not to expensive) my SHA-Gold also :o .  I also have a Melos MA-111 that was converted into their PS-1 phono stage by Melos Audio Restoration (MAR) 8)  and I could see replacing that switch with one that is also better and has more than just 6 cartridge loads. :P

Thanks

mgalusha

Input Selector Switch
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jan 2003, 07:24 pm »
It looks like percy audio has the 6 position Elma for $29.00.

Also, Grayhill makes a nice switch and they are available from GoldPoint.  It looks like he only carries them through 5 position though.

Mike