Balanced Isabellina

KingStyles

Balanced Isabellina
« on: 3 Jul 2009, 05:45 am »
I am wondering if you ever considered making a balanced version of the isabellina. I realize it would probably need two isabellina dac boards in it to get a fullly balnced output which would raise the price significantly. There just isnt any really good nos dacs out there and the oversampling ones are only a handful. It seems to be a rising awareness about balanced setups and was curious if you are considering building one in the future.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Balanced Isabellina
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jul 2009, 07:41 pm »
I am wondering if you ever considered making a balanced version of the isabellina. I realize it would probably need two isabellina dac boards in it to get a fullly balnced output which would raise the price significantly. There just isnt any really good nos dacs out there and the oversampling ones are only a handful. It seems to be a rising awareness about balanced setups and was curious if you are considering building one in the future.

Hi KingStyles,

Unless you have very long interconnects that are prone to to picking up EMI/RFI, I don't see the the benefit and prefer not to add the extra complexity.  I suppose there are a lot of differing opinions about this...

So to answer your question, we have no plans to offer balanced-outputs on the Isabellina.

Best regards,

Vinnie

Alwayswantmore

Re: Balanced Isabellina
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2009, 03:00 am »
My entire rig was balanced about 4 years ago (Ayre, Wadia, Vandersteen crossover, expensive ICs, bi-wired speakers, etc.). I was pretty convinced balanced was best at the time. Now I've gone minimalist with all RWA and single drivers with a sub. Isabella w/DAC, 30.2 straight power amp, Apple macbook w/usb, Anticable speaker wire.

I can't say that RWA is hands down winner in every aspect of sound, but I can say it is much more natural sounding, and more satisfying to listen to.

Kent