Puparazzi and Catographers

drphoto

Re: Puparazzi and Catographers
« Reply #40 on: 16 Feb 2010, 03:28 am »
Here's the latest member of the family, a rescue named Monty. He's shown here in a quickie snapshot w/ my Carvin practice guitar. He want's to jam, man. (for some reason, the pic looks a bit desaturated when up loaded, he's more orange than buff)

Yeah, I guess w/ 3, I'm now officially the crazy cat guy!

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #41 on: 16 Feb 2010, 05:26 am »
Nice shot! :thumb: He looks to be in the prime of life. :dance:

honesthoff

« Reply #42 on: 16 Feb 2010, 08:28 pm »
My Uncle's dog, Becca, wins Best of Opposite in the Irish Terrier breed this morning at Westminster. :thumb:

nathanm

« Reply #43 on: 16 Feb 2010, 10:09 pm »
I like Monty the cat's "senior photo" pose with his guitar!  Ha! 

A Non-sRGB working space to sRGB space is probably the cause for the desat.  I've encountered the same thing.  When I changed Photoshop's space to sRGB the two looked the same.

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #44 on: 18 Feb 2010, 02:55 am »

taken with my iPhone

I like how some of his whiskers are in front of the screen.
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2010, 06:06 am by jqp »

drphoto

« Reply #45 on: 18 Feb 2010, 04:35 am »
Good catch Nathan. Yes, of course I use the Adobe RGB color space and didn't think about sRGB conversions.

Yeah. I took the shot because it was so cheesy. It was almost like you could here him saying, "so lean like this?" Maybe that would be a good series. Animals doing the same weird, artificial poses that humans do for senior portraits, prom, weddings...etc.

I'm sure you've seen the movie 'Pecker', John Waters' send up of the big time 'art' photography scene. If you haven't, it's friggin' great. Gotta have a 'schtick'.

SET Man

« Reply #46 on: 18 Feb 2010, 05:36 am »
Here's the latest member of the family, a rescue named Monty. ....

Hey!

Nice! Monty looks like he is a cool cat  8) I like orange cat. Well, after all I do have an orange tabby :wink:

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

drphoto

« Reply #47 on: 19 Feb 2010, 05:13 am »
Monty is a goofball. My other 2 are very smart and are sort of quietly dignified. They look at him and look at me and you can just tell they're thinking "What the f***?"

He'd been at the shelter for 2.5 years, and he just seemed so sad and shy, I just couldn't leave him there. Boy, he is anything but shy. But he is a good natured kitty, just not real bright.

I dunno where cat's got the rep of being aloof. They are very affectionate creatures w/ humans. (sometimes to the point of being annoying) But they're not pack animals. They basically learn to tolerate each other. I think only kittens in a litter actually like each other.

drphoto

« Reply #48 on: 19 Feb 2010, 05:19 am »
JQP, what a handsome kitty there. I love tuxedos. I notice she (?) has very round eyes, just like my fat tuxie, Shamu.

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #49 on: 19 Feb 2010, 05:23 am »
JQP, what a handsome kitty there. I love tuxedos. I notice she (?) has very round eyes, just like my fat tuxie, Shamu.

He is JD, my friend's male tuxedo. He was very skittish when she first got him, now he is mellowing out a little bit. His favorite thing is playing Willy Mays with cat treats - he waits for me to throw them across the room so he can make wild catches.

drphoto

« Reply #50 on: 19 Feb 2010, 05:46 am »
He catches them on the fly? You gotta video that one.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #51 on: 19 Feb 2010, 06:07 am »
I wonder if tuxedo cats are "smarter" than other cats.... :scratch:

We have three cats and three dogs...they all get along.

The tuxedo cat watches the dogs fetch....so...I picked up a few small pom pom balls to throw for the cats....two of them just watched, didn't phase them ....but the tuxedo cat got the pom pom and brought it back to be thrown again.

He does this every night now.... 8)

I think he's smarter.... :D

drphoto

« Reply #52 on: 19 Feb 2010, 08:30 am »
You HAVE to video this

Yeah, my fat tuxie is a pretty smart kitty, but my grey tabby, Scrodinger is the really clever one of the bunch. He's the one, who once he learned he couldn't open a door from the bottom, jumped up on a nearby table and pulled on the knob. Pretty good IMHO.

drphoto

« Reply #53 on: 18 Apr 2010, 05:53 pm »
Chris, I've actually been wondering if there is any correlation between cat intelligence and eye shape. The two smart cats have very round eyes, while poor semi-demented Monty has a pronounced almond shape as you can see in the pic.

Now as someone with a science background, I know you can't draw conclusions from such a small sample, but it does make me think about it.

srb

« Reply #54 on: 18 Apr 2010, 06:03 pm »
A photo of one of my Siamese sisters, Katie (almost) sleeping.  Well, she would be if there wasn't a camera in her face.

Canon SD850 IS, auto exposure, macro mode, natural light.

Oh, and she's very smart!

Steve

Blackmore

« Reply #55 on: 18 Apr 2010, 07:49 pm »
Here's my big tuxedo, Chet, ready to take a nap on some speaker wire. 

I don't know how smart he is, but he sure is a great companion in the listening room. 

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #56 on: 24 Apr 2010, 04:10 am »

A cartoon should be inspired by this dog

jqp

• Volunteer
« Reply #57 on: 24 Apr 2010, 04:28 am »

nathanm