ATT:James T--Bryston leather jacket?

VOLKS

ATT:James T--Bryston leather jacket?
« on: 27 Jun 2009, 04:51 am »
Hello and Good day all :)
                               At one time Bryston offered a beautiful leather jacket under  the products tab under "Bryston Stuff"...........i noticed it is no longer listed for sale.
                               This question is for James T.........do you have any more Leather Jackets left ?If so....what size and at what price?......I would love to own one,but fear i may have missed out :(

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: ATT:James T--Bryston leather jacket?
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2009, 10:59 am »
HI volks,

Yes sorry the leather jackets are long gone.

james

VOLKS

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2009, 01:33 pm »
Ok thanks James-...........guess i will have to settle for the T-Shirt :)

1oldguy

« Reply #3 on: 9 Jul 2009, 02:39 pm »
With a Bryston t-Shirt you will be the envy of your co-workers aa

b5pt9

« Reply #4 on: 9 Jul 2009, 03:14 pm »
Chances are 99.9% of my redneck co-workers wouldn't have Clue1 what Bryston means :lol:

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #5 on: 9 Jul 2009, 07:18 pm »
I never was a proponent of purchasing advertising items from companies for the purpose of providing free advertising for them. Could I change my mind in the future? Somehow I do not think so :nono:

Sasha

« Reply #6 on: 9 Jul 2009, 07:25 pm »
I never was a proponent of purchasing advertising items from companies for the purpose of providing free advertising for them. Could I change my mind in the future? Somehow I do not think so :nono:

In other words, you want youe T-shirt for free?   :)

Laundrew

« Reply #7 on: 9 Jul 2009, 07:58 pm »

In other words, you want youe T-shirt for free?   :)

Hi Sasha

Something for free? Now you are appealing to my Scottish heritage (we all know that the Scots invented copper wire):thumb:

Funny enough, my closets were full of a lot of free T-Shirts that I have received from companies that I never have worn  - I take them over to the Salvation Army thrift stores. I used to volunteer to organize and run table top strategy games for kids for almost 5 years, wow - where does the time go? Anyway, they always gave out company T-Shirts to the volunteers, I did always thank them for the T-Shirts :D

TC

Mad Mr H

« Reply #8 on: 9 Jul 2009, 11:34 pm »
I never was a proponent of purchasing advertising items from companies for the purpose of providing free advertising for them.

I dont follow fashion, so many of my everyday clothes are free issue from various av compaines / pub chains / shows etc.

As the years have gone on less and less freebies seem around.

I have to take my hat off to you if you really live your life by this "no free adverts"

You dont buy Nike, Reebok, ADIDAS,DKNY, Tommy hilfiger, sketchers, D&G, police, bryston or any other firm that put their logo on the item you have paid for.........

That must be a very difficult way to live your life - but if its a principle for you then well done for living by it.

Mad Mr H

« Reply #9 on: 9 Jul 2009, 11:40 pm »
Some Mark Levinson products come with a pair of white cotton gloves - practical as they stop finger marks whilst installing.

Another firm stick a couple of bits of gum in with all kit, give the installer something whilst working.

Couple of other firms put cheap mp3 players or small radio in ONE box of each delivery.

Would be nice if in each BRYSTON box was a sexy BRYSTON T shirt. Or an order card for Bryston items.......

Just a sales idea of mine........

(Better still a 28B SST2 with each box of t shirts  :lol:)

drummermitchell

« Reply #10 on: 9 Jul 2009, 11:50 pm »
There you said it yourself :nono:.i do like the Bryston T-shirts that have the logo
on the front instead of the sleeve,of course across the back would be great,
guaranteed roadie clothing :thumb:.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #11 on: 10 Jul 2009, 12:54 am »

Do you have liscense plate frames with the car dealer's name and number on it?

I told the dealer to take them off (after the car was paid for and while he was putting the plates on).  He looked at me like I had 3 heads.  I told him "When you advertise me on your car, I'll advertise you on mine."

They didn't like that one.  I genuinely think I was the first one to say something like that to them.

srb

« Reply #12 on: 10 Jul 2009, 01:26 am »
Do you have liscense plate frames with the car dealer's name and number on it?

I told the dealer to take them off (after the car was paid for and while he was putting the plates on).  He looked at me like I had 3 heads.  I told him "When you advertise me on your car, I'll advertise you on mine."

I told my dealer they could leave it on for 2-1/2 cents a mile.  Based on an average 12,000 miles a year, it would only cost them $25/month for me to advertise for them.  (People that get full body advertising wraps on their cars usually get $300 - $400 a month, depending on the miles they commute and the size of the city they're in).

They took it off and gave me the "what planet are you from?" look.

Made perfect sense to me.

Steve

Laundrew

« Reply #13 on: 10 Jul 2009, 01:58 am »
I never was a proponent of purchasing advertising items from companies for the purpose of providing free advertising for them.

I dont follow fashion, so many of my everyday clothes are free issue from various av compaines / pub chains / shows etc.

As the years have gone on less and less freebies seem around.

I have to take my hat off to you if you really live your life by this "no free adverts"

You dont buy Nike, Reebok, ADIDAS,DKNY, Tommy hilfiger, sketchers, D&G, police, bryston or any other firm that put their logo on the item you have paid for.........

That must be a very difficult way to live your life - but if its a principle for you then well done for living by it.

Not difficult at all...sounds as if we are in the same boat, I never was "fashion conscience" and a plain black T-Shirt makes me happy. I have some friends that are huge fans on "labels." Actually, I do not notice as many people today wearing a lot of this advertising stuff as compared to 10 years ago (beer company T-Shirts seemed really big at one time). Remember, I am talking about company logos on hats, T-shirts and other apperal they want you to buy.

As for the logo on the actual product, i.e GM on the hood of a car (Grovelling Motors?) or "Marantz" on a receiver -you have no control over this issue, but you do if you want to wear (or not) their T-Shirts/hats. As for the dealer logo on cars, I always put this in the sales contract not to have any dealer advertising installed on the car. I only started this becuase at one time, they use to drill holes in the trunk lid to install the chrome dealer logo and I noticed that this was usually the first place rust would start.

I think that you are right about companies not giving away as much promo stuff as they use to - perhaps it is an issue with the bottom line.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #14 on: 10 Jul 2009, 05:09 am »
I'd like to see a Bryston poster.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #15 on: 10 Jul 2009, 09:38 am »

Hi Dave,

We are doing a poster of the 3 Golden Ear Awards we got from Absolute Sound.

james

predrag

« Reply #16 on: 10 Jul 2009, 10:08 am »
I have a Bryston black coffee mug and one from PMC.
They were given to me as a present.
Same with PMC sweatshirt.
I don?t find them as advertising stuff. Rather as memorabilia.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #17 on: 10 Jul 2009, 10:08 am »
Very cool, James.  8)

b5pt9

« Reply #18 on: 10 Jul 2009, 01:14 pm »

Hi Dave,

We are doing a poster of the 3 Golden Ear Awards we got from Absolute Sound.

james

I'd love to get one of these posters - is it possible?

Levi

« Reply #19 on: 10 Jul 2009, 01:47 pm »
I agree, they are for me as memorabilia... have Bryston black mugs and a hat somewhere.  Sam Thomas sent me this mug. ;)