Glow mods questions

earplay

• Do ya feel... lucky?
Glow mods questions
« on: 26 Jun 2009, 09:09 pm »
I am thinking of replacing my Glow amp's fuse with a HiFi fuse. Has anyone done this?

Also, can anyone tell me where the fuse is located?

Also, can anyone tell me which wire to clip to stop the volume light show?

Also, can anyone recommend one volume control over another (PEC, DACT, etc.)?

Okay, that's all for now... that's enough!

yuman

Re: Glow mods questions
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jun 2009, 11:34 pm »
Maybe i can offer a little help. I've never been inside the  amp, but did replace the volume pot with  the PEC and the speaker posts with Vampire.....huge upgrade!!! What took it's sound over the top was sitting it on a 2 inch maple slab which sat on those Cork-rubber footers from Mapleshade. There price is a rip! I bought a 16x18 slab of the same stuff for around $35.00. You could make 50 of these fotters for that price. All my gear sits on these, 4 one inch square is as big as they need to be, maybe a little bigger if the piece weighs more than 50lb's. As huge an improvement as they made on all the gear the BIGGEST improvement was made with them between my Paradigm 20 v.4 and my cinderblock stands. The improvement defies description.

earplay

• Do ya feel... lucky?
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2009, 12:09 am »
yuman,

Thanks for the info.

Did you do the volume control and speaker post replacement work on your amp?

earplay

Listens2tubes

« Reply #3 on: 7 Jul 2009, 03:33 am »
Get the Acme fuses they beat the expenso's in a shoot-out I attended. http://www.acmeaudiolabs.com/products.htm They are hard to find so order direct.  :thumb:

I am not associated with Acme or any audio companies and gleen no benefits from this recommendation but to save you time and money. Enjoy!

earplay

• Do ya feel... lucky?
« Reply #4 on: 7 Jul 2009, 04:24 am »
Listens2tubes,

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.