MCH-3C7 vs MCH-3SE-C7

daneinsg

MCH-3C7 vs MCH-3SE-C7
« on: 26 Jun 2009, 05:31 am »
hi guys, new to this forum.. I am eyeing a MCH-3C7 at a reasonable price to drive my Dynaudio 7.1 setup. Speakers are Focus 140 fronts, 200C center and 4 x 42SAT rear+surrounds. Sub is an older Mission 75AS with built in Cyrus amp (may be upgraded in the future..)

I am currently running in the new speakers with my older Yamaha RX-V1500 receiver with the fronts being powered by an audiolab 8000S. I am sure the relative hard driven 4 ohm Dynaudios will be much happier with more power, so next upgrade step would be a power amp. thinking to get a full 7-cannel amp so can upgrade with a pre/pro in the future.

So questions are:
- anyone tried NuForce with Dynaudio Focus series, and what are your impressions?
- from NuForce website I notice the 3C7 can be upgraded to 3SE-C7 for $600 (except remote, which i dont really need for a power amp). What is the SE upgrade and is it worth it so to speak?
Can it be done DIY or do I have to send amp to NuForce or local agent? (I am in Singapore)

Looking forward to hear and learn!

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: MCH-3C7 vs MCH-3SE-C7
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2009, 02:08 am »
It is worth the money to upgrade to SE. For the benefits, check out all the Ref9V2SE reviews.
We have a dealer (Audio Iconic, see contact info on website) in Singapore and you can order the upgrade through him. He makes money on the upgrade even if you are going to buy MCH-3C7 used.

daneinsg

« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2009, 01:23 pm »
thanks for the reply jason, can you elaborate or give me a link to what the actual SE upgrade consist of?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jun 2009, 05:54 am »
The SE upgrade (from 3C7 to 3SEC7 without remote) is simply consist of replacing the capacitor board with the Nuforce proprietary SE capacitor array. Normal capacitor board uses big can of capacitors. The SE array arranges audiophile grade capacitors in such a way for very smooth and fast delivery of power.